Thread poster: Rosanna Lenci Murcia
Rosanna Lenci Murcia
Rosanna Lenci Murcia  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 11:11
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Aug 8, 2017

Has anyone gone through Amazon translation/post editing tests?
Do you know if the have a very special group of proofreaders/ judges?
Who judges translations in those cases?

Emad Ali Shehata Ali
Emad Ali Shehata Ali  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 13:11
English to Arabic
Amazon translation tests Aug 8, 2017

I have passed Amazon translation test for a long time and they send the following procedures. but until now i didn't receive any tasks from it.

DarwinE
DarwinE  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:11
Spanish to English
+ ...
Not really an answer but... Aug 9, 2017

Rossana I cannot answer your question but I am in the same boat as Emad. I passed their test, submitted all the necessary paperwork but have yet to receive an assignment.

Rosanna Lenci Murcia
Ireland
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
free translators? Aug 9, 2017

are they really tests?
or translations they need done?
cause I have been contacted three times...
and I have to deliver many many "tests"

NicolePicci
NicolePicci
Italy
Same here... Aug 12, 2017

I passed the EN>IT test and sent the signed contract etc almost 2 months ago, but I haven't received any assignments yet.

Rosanna Lenci Murcia
Ireland
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
strange Aug 16, 2017

Yes it seems strange...
Many times You receive long tests...

Tomomi S

Nadia Silva Castro
Nadia Silva Castro
United States
English to German
+ ...
Passed Aug 16, 2017

It´s a really short test, doesn´t take more than 2 hours. I got some things assigned already, around 12.000 words. Was a lot of fun

Elizabeth Tamblin
Elizabeth Tamblin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
French to English
Amazon work Aug 17, 2017

Several years ago, I did a translation test for Amazon and received regular assignments for a few months. Then they announced that they were going to start sending post-editing work instead. I did a few assignments, but found them quite tedious and time-consuming, as the machine translation was often complete gobbledygook, so I refused to do them. Then recently, I was offered another translation assignment, which I refused as I have too much other work now.

So I would say yes, they
... See more
Several years ago, I did a translation test for Amazon and received regular assignments for a few months. Then they announced that they were going to start sending post-editing work instead. I did a few assignments, but found them quite tedious and time-consuming, as the machine translation was often complete gobbledygook, so I refused to do them. Then recently, I was offered another translation assignment, which I refused as I have too much other work now.

So I would say yes, they do send work, but in my experience, it is sporadic.
Collapse

DarwinE
DarwinE  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:11
Spanish to English
+ ...
Everything is submitted Aug 17, 2017

I checked my sent e-mails. I sent the NDA and Service Agreement, even got a confirmation of receipt a few weeks later. I completed the profile on Payee Central, that was at the end of June. Should it take this long for my first assignment?

Alexandra Vanhoff

Eleonora_P
Eleonora_P  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 12:11
Member (2012)
English to Italian
+ ...
Same here... Aug 17, 2017

Passed their test a couple of months ago, filled in everything but still no work.
Frustrating...

Maurizio Varriale
Maurizio Varriale  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
Takes time Aug 17, 2017

Yes, it takes some time. I guess 5-6 months in my case.

Rosanna Lenci Murcia
Ireland
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
seems ok then! Aug 20, 2017

Great! thank you for all the replies!
It´s a matter of time!

Numan Kilic
Numan Kilic  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 14:11
English to Turkish
+ ...
Passed the DE-TR test, sent the paperwork, now waiting to receive work from Amazon Aug 22, 2017

Hi everyone, I have the same problem. I passed the test and sent the paperwork on the 21st June. I still haven't received any work but I did correspond with Outsourcing department yesterday and they said they still had a significant backlog.

Are there any members here who have done work for Amazon Europe in ENG-TR or DE-TR language pairs?
Does it really take 5-6 months? I hope not.
Another thing I would like to know: Do they send work frequent enough so that a freelan
... See more
Hi everyone, I have the same problem. I passed the test and sent the paperwork on the 21st June. I still haven't received any work but I did correspond with Outsourcing department yesterday and they said they still had a significant backlog.

Are there any members here who have done work for Amazon Europe in ENG-TR or DE-TR language pairs?
Does it really take 5-6 months? I hope not.
Another thing I would like to know: Do they send work frequent enough so that a freelance translator can get by working only for Amazon?

Thanks.
Collapse

Victoria Britten
Victoria Britten  Identity Verified
France
French to English
+ ...
I'm intrigued! Aug 27, 2017

How did you learn about these tests? I've been Googling away and have found no link. Was this a job offer on ProZ? I'd love to know more...

Lidia Turis

Nick Brisland, BA (Hons)
Nick Brisland, BA (Hons)
United Kingdom
Member (2013)
German to English
I must be one of the lucky ones Sep 7, 2017

I've been doing (Ger>EN) work for Amazon for the best part of 4 years now. For the last few months, they've been sending me work regularly. Normally around twice a month, 4 projects each time.

I'll admit, it's not always the most interesting of work. In particular after 3-4 days in a row, I'm desperate to do something different! But it can sometimes be quite interesting to see all the (sometimes) funny and (sometimes) useless products people sell online.

As with
... See more
I've been doing (Ger>EN) work for Amazon for the best part of 4 years now. For the last few months, they've been sending me work regularly. Normally around twice a month, 4 projects each time.

I'll admit, it's not always the most interesting of work. In particular after 3-4 days in a row, I'm desperate to do something different! But it can sometimes be quite interesting to see all the (sometimes) funny and (sometimes) useless products people sell online.

As with any job, you have to take the rough with the smooth sometimes.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Amazon translation tests

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »