US banks which offer multi-currency business banking account?
Thread poster: espoir03
espoir03
espoir03
United States
Japanese to English
+ ...
Apr 3, 2020

Hello,

I need help from people who owns business in the US.

I have been doing translation business as a limited company registered and incorporated in a country outside the US.
My corporate bank account is multi-currency account, which is really useful as I have revenue in several different currencies.

Since I moved to the US, I would like to set up a new company here and open a business bank account.
I was told by one of my acquaintances (he is
... See more
Hello,

I need help from people who owns business in the US.

I have been doing translation business as a limited company registered and incorporated in a country outside the US.
My corporate bank account is multi-currency account, which is really useful as I have revenue in several different currencies.

Since I moved to the US, I would like to set up a new company here and open a business bank account.
I was told by one of my acquaintances (he is not working as a translator) that Chase offers multi-currency account, but I can't seem to find that information on Chase website.

Do you know any US banks which offer multi-currency business banking account?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Akiko
Collapse

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 20:45
Danish to English
+ ...
TransferWise? Apr 4, 2020

TransferWise isn't a bank but seems to offer the facilities you require. Have you had a look at it?

Peter van der Hoek
Christopher Schmidt

espoir03
espoir03
United States
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Thomas Apr 4, 2020

Thomas,

Many thanks for your swift response, and thank you for helping me for other questions I posted in the past.

Yes, I know TransferWise but as far as I know, TransferWise is kind of a tool/platform so TransferWise needs to be connected to a bank?

Akiko

Thomas T. Frost
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Depends Apr 4, 2020

Akiko Detke wrote:

TransferWise is kind of a tool/platform so TransferWise needs to be connected to a bank?

You can get a multi-currency debit card from TransferWise. At least in the EU, you can also set up direct-debit payments from a TW account.

So it depends on what you need it for. Could it work to have a vanilla US bank and use TW for the multi-currency purposes?

espoir03
espoir03
United States
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thomas, that information is very helpful Apr 5, 2020

Thomas,

Thank you so much. I'm quite interested in "multi-currency debit card" as even though the bank I'm currently using is multi-curency, the credit card is in one currency only so when I make payment I always need to pay in one currency.

Let me contact TransferWise and ask more information.
Your advice was great, as I was only thinking about "traditional banks".

Finally, I hope you are staying healthy and safe.

Akiko

Thomas T. Frost
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Good Apr 5, 2020

Glad I could help.

I'm still breathing, thanks. And so are you, I hope.

CAN LIU
CAN LIU
Australia
Local time: 05:45
English to Chinese
Payoneer Apr 6, 2020

Hi mate

you can try the Payoneer and this platform supports different currencies and easy to set up and pay/receive money.

espoir03
espoir03
United States
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Can Apr 6, 2020

Can,

Thank you for your info. I only know the name, but I shall definitely check it out.

Akiko

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

US banks which offer multi-currency business banking account?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »