Ramesh Kulandaivel
Ramesh Kulandaivel
India
Local time: 00:12
English to Tamil
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Oct 17, 2020

Yesterday, I found a life science post in proz jobs. I applied and the company requested for a sample and got approved with it. Then, they spoke to me for rate and credit period, Their payment terms will have credit period of 100 days, that too from the invoice date. I am really upset with these type of customers.

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:42
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Well---- Oct 17, 2020

Ramesh Kulandaivel wrote:

Yesterday, I found a life science post in proz jobs. I applied and the company requested for a sample and got approved with it. Then, they spoke to me for rate and credit period, Their payment terms will have credit period of 100 days, that too from the invoice date. I am really upset with these type of customers.

So don't work for them. No need to be upset. Except with yourself for having done the sample.

[Edited at 2020-10-17 13:36 GMT]

Daryo
Nurettin Ceylan
Kuochoe Nikoi-Kotei
VeroniqueVan
Robert Forstag

Christine Andersen
Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 19:42
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
Negotiating probably will not help Oct 17, 2020

I tell clients when their terms are not acceptable. Occasionally they are willing to negotiate, but you can probably not persuade this client to pay up within a reasonable time - here in Northern Europe 30 days from the invoice date is regarded as plenty of time, especially when I send my invoices at the end of the month, which often gives them a couple of weeks more.

I let clients know I am a business partner, and I will give them my best service, but then I expect to be paid! We a
... See more
I tell clients when their terms are not acceptable. Occasionally they are willing to negotiate, but you can probably not persuade this client to pay up within a reasonable time - here in Northern Europe 30 days from the invoice date is regarded as plenty of time, especially when I send my invoices at the end of the month, which often gives them a couple of weeks more.

I let clients know I am a business partner, and I will give them my best service, but then I expect to be paid! We are polite, and I am almost friends with a couple of good clients, but we do business with each other, not favours.

It depends to some extent how much you need the job. As long as you are paid, after 100 days is better than never, but I would walk away from terms like that.
Collapse

Kevin Fulton
Christel Zipfel
Ying-Ju Fang
Sheila Wilson

Nurettin Ceylan
Nurettin Ceylan  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 21:42
Member (2009)
English to Turkish
Regular workflow Oct 17, 2020

I did have clients that work with 90-day payment window. No problem as long as they provide you regular workflow and good rates I would say.

Tom in London

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation company asks for 100 days credit period

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »