Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Nov 11, 2020

I'd like to suggest adding of 3 keyboard shortcuts for the Dashboard:

• CMD+S (CTRL+S) to save the Project Template
  • Arrows Up and Down to browse in the Project Selector
  • Enter to accept the selected project

(Why doesn't the Freshdesk allow posting at the moment?)

[Edited at 2020-11-11 09:10 GMT]

Mario Cerutti
Mario Cerutti  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 17:56
Italian to Japanese
+ ...
Captcha problem Nov 11, 2020

Hans Lenting wrote:
Why doesn't the Freshdesk allow posting at the moment?

I've just informed the developer that Captcha is not currently working.

Hans Lenting

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 11:56
English to Russian
Can't assign Ctrl+Insert Jun 17, 2021

Hi folks,
I am trying to adapt CafeTran shortcuts to those I have got used to. One of such useful shortcuts is inserting source segments into target ("Transfer source segment" in Cafetranish). It is Alt+I by default. I have changed it to Ctrl+Insert, but it does not work. I mean when I press Ctrl+Insert, nothing happens. Maybe this shortcut is already assigned to something else, but CafeTran does not prevent me from assigning it (no error or conflict message or anything like this). Does an
... See more
Hi folks,
I am trying to adapt CafeTran shortcuts to those I have got used to. One of such useful shortcuts is inserting source segments into target ("Transfer source segment" in Cafetranish). It is Alt+I by default. I have changed it to Ctrl+Insert, but it does not work. I mean when I press Ctrl+Insert, nothing happens. Maybe this shortcut is already assigned to something else, but CafeTran does not prevent me from assigning it (no error or conflict message or anything like this). Does anybody have a clue why?
Collapse

Igor Kmitowski
Igor Kmitowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 09:56
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Reserved by the system Jun 17, 2021

Some keyboard shortcuts (e.g. CTRL+C, CTRL+V, CTRL+X) are assigned by the system for the global actions. CTRL+Insert belongs to this category as well. It copies the highlighted text being an alternative to the CTRL+C shortcut. Please try CTRL+SHIFT+Insert instead.

Stepan Konev

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 11:56
English to Russian
Thanks Jun 17, 2021

Got it. Thank you

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Keyboard shortcuts for the Dashboard

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »