Vanda Nissen
Vanda Nissen  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 00:38
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
Apr 5, 2020

A couple of days ago about 70 Kudoz points disappeared from my Kudoz panel. I must admit that I do not keep a close eye on the exact number of points so I thought it was my mistake and did not make any fuss about it. The missing points were added to my Kudoz panel a couple of hours ago, however I have not received any emails from the technical support team: no explanation, no apologies. Nothing. I find this silence very unpleasant - I understand that we all make mistakes but it would be nice to ... See more
A couple of days ago about 70 Kudoz points disappeared from my Kudoz panel. I must admit that I do not keep a close eye on the exact number of points so I thought it was my mistake and did not make any fuss about it. The missing points were added to my Kudoz panel a couple of hours ago, however I have not received any emails from the technical support team: no explanation, no apologies. Nothing. I find this silence very unpleasant - I understand that we all make mistakes but it would be nice to acknowledge them. I also encourage colleagues who participate in Kudoz activities to check your points on a regular basis. Apparently, we need to do it.Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 15:38
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Site maintenance Apr 5, 2020

Hi Vanda,

The site staff is performing maintenance works, hence various slips and system glitches. Everything will be back to normal after the works are completed.

In the meantime you can press the 'Update point totals now'
... See more
Hi Vanda,

The site staff is performing maintenance works, hence various slips and system glitches. Everything will be back to normal after the works are completed.

In the meantime you can press the 'Update point totals now' button in your profile at
https://www.proz.com/profile/126391?popup=kudoz&sub_mode=summary&update_point_totals=true
and the number of points will be updated in some 20-30 minutes or so.
The points do not disappear, they are still there

Natalia

[Edited at 2020-04-05 08:19 GMT]
Collapse

Vanda Nissen
Vanda Nissen  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 00:38
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Apr 5, 2020

Thank you, Natalia, however it would be nice to get some apologies from the staff. It took 4 days to resolve this bug and I was not even notified about it in the first place! Very disappointing. All businesses apologise for their mistakes. This is a normal business practice.

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 15:38
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Definitely Apr 5, 2020

There was an incident report informing users about the planned outage but the visibility of such reports should be increased/improved.

Vanda Nissen
Yolanda Broad

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 14:38
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Vanda Apr 6, 2020

I had no problem with Kudoz, but I noticed last October that my Browniz count had gone backward and it took two months to solve the problem.

Vanda Nissen

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dis-and re-appeared Kudoz points

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »