Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:39
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
By the way: Jan 27, 2021

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

I´m using Nero Burning Rom for CD recording.

Because vinyl made LPs became a topic again in the past years: How could I convert my mp3 files into vinyl again by myself? Any ideas?

P.L.F. Persio
Christopher Schröder
Mervyn Henderson (X)
expressisverbis
Yaotl Altan

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Post being replied to, has been removed
Jean Dimitriadis
Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Necroposting Jan 27, 2021

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL wrote:

can I steal it?

Be my guest!

Internet forum > Rules and policies (aka netiquette) > Necroposting - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_forum#Necroposting

A necropost is a message that revives (as in necromancy) an arbitrarily old thread, causing it to appear above newer and more active threads. This practice is generally seen as a breach of netiquette on most forums. Because old threads are not usually locked from further posting, necroposting is common for newer users and in cases where the date of previous posts is not apparent.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/necropost (verb)

[Edited at 2021-01-27 13:46 GMT]

expressisverbis
P.L.F. Persio
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL

Yaotl Altan
Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 16:39
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thank you. Jan 27, 2021

Samuel Murray wrote:

Yaotl Altan wrote:
There are new options, colleagues. Have you ever tried Spotify?

My experience with media conversion software is that they come and go, i.e. what used to be a reliable tool in one year becomes broken in the next year, only to be replaced with another tool. Also, many media conversion utilities ship with malware or adware, so one has to be careful.

Making CDs from Spotify appears to be an option, yes:
https://www.noteburner.com/spotify-music/download-music-from-spotify-to-mp3.html
https://www.noteburner.com/spotify-music/burn-spotify-music-to-cd.html
...although most sites about this issue recommend first converting from Spotify to MP3, which brings us back to the original poster's original question: how to burn MP3 to CD.

[Edited at 2021-01-27 12:58 GMT]

Thank you, Samuel. That Noteburner looks great! conv1

[Edited at 2021-01-27 17:36 GMT]

expressisverbis
P.L.F. Persio

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 23:39
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
I see... Jan 27, 2021

necroposting is considered a breach of netiquette on most forums, but calling someone names is something quite polite and friendly on a professional site...

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Thomas T. Frost
P.L.F. Persio
Christopher Schröder
Zibow Retailleau
Matthias Brombach

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Nail on the head Jan 27, 2021

You said it, Exy.

Can someone tell me why necroposting is bad form? What difference does it make how long ago it was posted?

expressisverbis
Thomas T. Frost
P.L.F. Persio
Yaotl Altan
Zibow Retailleau
Matthias Brombach

Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
I would even go so far and pledge ... Jan 27, 2021

Mervyn Henderson wrote:
What difference does it make how long ago it was posted?

... not to remove (future) legacy posts, let's say after another ten or twenty years, just for the purpose to prove, that SDL Studio 2031 in ten years will still have the same bugs as it has today and had ten years ago, and that the same rates will be offered on the job board by the same agencies, complained about by the same people here.

[Bearbeitet am 2021-01-27 16:57 GMT]

Mervyn Henderson (X)
P.L.F. Persio
expressisverbis
Christopher Schröder
Thomas T. Frost

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Post being replied to, has been removed
Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Comment being replied to, has been removed
Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Confusion? Jan 27, 2021

Mervyn Henderson wrote:
Can someone tell me why necroposting is bad form? What difference does it make how long ago it was posted?

It can confuse people, I suppose. But I found this one funny. How things have changed!

Well, in some ways. Matthias hit the nail on the head there.

But he was wrong about flushing toilets. Here in Wales we still empty our bedpans out into the street from an upstairs window. Particularly fun in lockdown now that everyone has taken to going for walks.

[Edited at 2021-01-27 17:43 GMT]

P.L.F. Persio
Yaotl Altan
expressisverbis
Mervyn Henderson (X)
Zibow Retailleau
Matthias Brombach

Yaotl Altan
Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 16:39
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Funny. Jan 27, 2021

Mervyn Henderson wrote:

You said it, Exy.

Funny, they have had more than 20 years to freeze all those threads they want buried...but guess what? They didn't do it

P.L.F. Persio
Mervyn Henderson (X)
expressisverbis
Zibow Retailleau

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Golden bedpans Jan 27, 2021

I suppose there's a permanent gaggle of female fans keeping vigil outside your neighbour Tom's house, jostling and elbowing each other out of the way when the big moment arrives, to catch the full force of his bedpan's contents from the upstairs window.

[Edited at 2021-01-27 17:59 GMT]

expressisverbis
Christopher Schröder
Zibow Retailleau
P.L.F. Persio
Matthias Brombach

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Making own music CDs with MP3 files

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »