Thread poster: Andries Conradie
Andries Conradie
Andries Conradie  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:15
Member (2008)
German to English
+ ...
Mar 27, 2019

Good morning! I want to make a clean installation of Studio 2017 before buying/upgrading to Studio 2019 but I cannot return my licence. Error message reads: Deactivation failed. Could not revoke this licence - Revocation is either complete or revocation proof is already uploaded". Does it mean (!) that I could go ahead and uninstall, re-install and my licence will be active again…??
Thank you.

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Check your profile on the SDL portal Mar 27, 2019

The first thing I would do, log onto my SDL profile and check the status of my copy of Studio. If it says you have a free lisence, then you should be fine - otherwise you may have to contact SDL.

Andries Conradie
Andries Conradie  Identity Verified
Member (2008)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trying in vain to return Studio licence Mar 28, 2019

Good morning! I solved the problem by making a "forced return of licence" via my SDL account. By the way, it does help to try a "clean installation" of Studio and Multiterm when you experience problems with your installation.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trying in vain to return my Studio licence

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »