Thread poster: Yves Minssart
Yves Minssart
Yves Minssart  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 04:16
German to French
+ ...
Apr 3, 2019

Hi, I send the same request than some days ago: I work with a Dell inspiron 15 (Inter/core i7 1.80 GHz / 8,00 Go / processor x64) since years; since some days, Trados 2019 uses about 30 seconds for saving the changes (or saves automaticaly). Do you have an idea or solution? Thanks a lot in advance!

Sonia Cunha-Goldner
Sonia Cunha-Goldner
United States
Local time: 22:16
English to Portuguese
The problem is with Windows Apr 3, 2019

Hi, Yves!

I had this problem twice with my Dell Inspiron 15, and the only way I could solve it was restarting it, after saving my work. The TM will bring everything you did if you want to restart without saving. In some cases, it´s worth it.

After restarting the system, try to run a disk cleanup, and defragment and optimize drives, if you are not late with your work.

I hope it works for you.

Yoana Ivanova
Yoana Ivanova  Identity Verified
Estonia
Local time: 05:16
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
My answer remains the same Apr 3, 2019

Like I said under your previous post about this issue, the problem is most likely the RAM, not Windows itself.

Trados does the very same thing on my 4GB RAM laptop but runs perfectly on my 8GB RAM laptop.

While the minimum requirements for Trados 2019 do say that you can run it with 4GB of RAM, the software is simply too demanding.

If you do have 8GB of RAM, then you could check in the Task Manager whether the system is using all of it when you're running T
... See more
Like I said under your previous post about this issue, the problem is most likely the RAM, not Windows itself.

Trados does the very same thing on my 4GB RAM laptop but runs perfectly on my 8GB RAM laptop.

While the minimum requirements for Trados 2019 do say that you can run it with 4GB of RAM, the software is simply too demanding.

If you do have 8GB of RAM, then you could check in the Task Manager whether the system is using all of it when you're running Trados.

Another thing that can speed things up would be an SSD but the RAM takes priority.

And as was already suggested optimizing your drives, defragging, cleanup, making sure you have enough space on your system hard drive/partition, updating all drivers, etc. can also help.

[Edited at 2019-04-03 15:56 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Long saving with trados 2019

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »