Migrating to new computer - want to stay with Trados 2017 - where to download?
Thread poster: Hege Jakobsen Lepri
Hege Jakobsen Lepri
Hege Jakobsen Lepri  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 01:06
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Apr 3, 2019

I'm at a long overdue migration to a new computer. My old laptop is currently running on Trados 2017--and after seeing some of the problems that have been discussed with Trados 2017--I'd like to keep it that way for a while - but I can't find a download button on the website for that.

Is it still possible to download or will I be forced to adopt Trados 2019?

Jorge Payan
Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 19:06
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Returning (deactivating) the license Apr 3, 2019

My understanding is that you can deactivate the 2017 license and then reactivate it for the new computer after installing Studio 2017 again. I suppose you have access to the installation media you used for the former installation.

Saludos

Hege Jakobsen Lepri
Hege Jakobsen Lepri  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 01:06
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I know how to return and reactiveate a lisence Apr 4, 2019

What I asked was something else - I'd like to stay with Trados 2017, but one the SDL website, there seems the only download option is Trados 2019.
Anyone?

Jorge Payan
Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 19:06
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Why don't you just download it from your SDL account? Apr 4, 2019

Hege Jakobsen Lepri wrote:

What I asked was something else - I'd like to stay with Trados 2017, but one the SDL website, there seems the only download option is Trados 2019.
Anyone?

You should find the current version of Studio 2017, namely SDL Trados Studio 2017 SR1 CU15, in your SDL account under "Downloads", or https://oos.sdl.com/asp/products/ssl/account/mydownloads.asp

Saludos

Lorenzo Bermejo
Roy Oestensen
lucyna duleba

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Migrating to new computer - want to stay with Trados 2017 - where to download?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »