Lincoln Carvalho  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 09:28
Member (2004)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Apr 8, 2019

Hi every1,

I have an Excel file to translate which I opened with Trados Studio.

Trados show a lot of tags like lrarr; , lrarr; <b> , </b> , <br/> and so on, which makes the job a bit more tiresome and confusing.

Does anyone know of a way to, say, transform these tags into those colored and more user friendly tags? Maybe I should open the Excel file in a specific way.

[Edited at 2019-04-08 14:11 GMT]

[Edited at 2019-04-08 19:4
... See more
Hi every1,

I have an Excel file to translate which I opened with Trados Studio.

Trados show a lot of tags like lrarr; , lrarr; <b> , </b> , <br/> and so on, which makes the job a bit more tiresome and confusing.

Does anyone know of a way to, say, transform these tags into those colored and more user friendly tags? Maybe I should open the Excel file in a specific way.

[Edited at 2019-04-08 14:11 GMT]

[Edited at 2019-04-08 19:43 GMT]
Collapse

Yoana Ivanova
Yoana Ivanova  Identity Verified
Estonia
Local time: 14:28
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Change how tags appear Apr 8, 2019

One thing you could do is change how the tags appear. When you're in Editor view, go to View on the top, on the right you should have Options and different geometric shapes, click around, the rhombus for example makes them appear very compactly, so you just have to follow what's between the tags, the lower hexagon makes them appear in full, that can be annoying, the hexagon in the middle is supposed to be middle ground between the two.

Lincoln Carvalho
Lincoln Carvalho  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 09:28
Member (2004)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
There are no actual tags in my source text Apr 8, 2019

Thank you very much, Yoana, but actually this would work only if I already had some kind of tags, formatted as tags. The signs I see are not actual tags, but the real < and > etc.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dealing with tags within an Excel file opened with Trados Studio

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »