SDL Language Cloud Machine Translation: chosing informal 'tu' form in target ?
Thread poster: Jay Eidson
Jay Eidson
Jay Eidson
United States
Local time: 18:06
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 13, 2019

In SDL Trados Studio 2019, when using SDL Language Cloud Machine Translation, is there a way to pre-designate use of the informal 'tu' form when doing combinations like EN>SP, EN>FR, or SP>FR? I'm new at Trados, and so far all I'm getting is the formal 'usted' rendition in the target in EN>SP, which takes some effort to convert to 'tu' for large jobs where 'tu' is the appropriate form of address.

Jay Eidson
Jay Eidson
United States
Local time: 18:06
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Any ideas how to choose the informal form of address? Apr 23, 2019

Colleagues, any ideas on this? I've got a monstrous job, and it's killin' me that I cannot find a way to pre-select the informal form of address ('tu' in the Spanish target) versus the formal form, when using SDL language cloud machine translation. Your insights please, and thanks in advance!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Language Cloud Machine Translation: chosing informal 'tu' form in target ?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »