How to solve bugs in .wsxz packages and .xlf files?
Thread poster: Cristina Pereira
Cristina Pereira
Cristina Pereira  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:32
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Dec 27, 2020

Hello,
I upgraded to Studio 2021 from Studio 2015 and have been struggling with some issues ever since, namely with .wsxz packages and .xlf files. In the first case, I’m not able to create the Return package and in the second case the file is not uploaded correctly into the client’s platform.
I already read and searched a lot and noticed similar issues are happening to other people too. Some have reverted to their Studio 2019 version (which is not acceptable, but at least they ma
... See more
Hello,
I upgraded to Studio 2021 from Studio 2015 and have been struggling with some issues ever since, namely with .wsxz packages and .xlf files. In the first case, I’m not able to create the Return package and in the second case the file is not uploaded correctly into the client’s platform.
I already read and searched a lot and noticed similar issues are happening to other people too. Some have reverted to their Studio 2019 version (which is not acceptable, but at least they manage to fix this bug), but my Studio 2015 version will be discontinued at the end of the year.
I’d like to know if there is some miraculous solution to fix this bug for these file types (and maybe others which I will discover in the future) or if each file type demands a specific solution.
I haven’t done anything yet, but in the case of the .wsxz packages, I think I can install a plug-in from the SDL AppStore.
As to the .xlf files, from what I saw, I think the code can be changed after the file is translated, but I’m not sure. Also, there should be an easier way to do this, but I can’t find the proper settings…
Thanks for any help in advance!
Kind regards,
Cristina
Collapse

NeoAtlas
NeoAtlas
Spain
Local time: 17:32
English to Spanish
+ ...
WorldServer Compatibility Pack for Studio 2021 Dec 27, 2020

Regarding the WorldServer package, please read this post:
https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000013233
You'll need to install the plugin to create the return package.

Cristina Pereira
Cristina Pereira  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:32
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, NeoAtlas... Dec 28, 2020

... for confirming this. And for the link too!

Cristina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to solve bugs in .wsxz packages and .xlf files?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »