Multiterm 2021 - Cannot read in my old termbases + keeps on deactivating in studio
Thread poster: Michael Harris
Michael Harris
Michael Harris  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:30
Member (2006)
German to English
Jan 26, 2021

Hello everyone,

Here is another problem that I have been having since 2019. I was hoping that this would be solved by 2021, but it is still there.

My general problem is that when I am translating, I have either my ref or customer TM´s running. Frequently, or almost all of the time, Multiterm is not active on the sentence that I am currently translating, it is two sentences above. And it also frequently deactivates completely, and then a few sentences further on is act
... See more
Hello everyone,

Here is another problem that I have been having since 2019. I was hoping that this would be solved by 2021, but it is still there.

My general problem is that when I am translating, I have either my ref or customer TM´s running. Frequently, or almost all of the time, Multiterm is not active on the sentence that I am currently translating, it is two sentences above. And it also frequently deactivates completely, and then a few sentences further on is activated again.

I tried to solve this problem with my ref termbase by reimporting it into 2021 as a new termbase. The problem here is when I was almost finished and wanted to choose the file exported from 2019, I cannot choose it because the window that opens is too small and I cannot "stretch" it.

Again, if anybody has any idea here or needs more infor, I would really appreciate it

Michael
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 05:30
English to Russian
Try SDL Community Jan 27, 2021

Ask your questions here: https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/studio
by pressing the 'New+' button.
Paul Filkin is always very helpful to the best of his ability. And his ability is real impressive.
If you post your question there, it has much more chances to be addressed and resolved.

Dan Lucas
expressisverbis

Michael Harris
Michael Harris  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:30
Member (2006)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jan 27, 2021

Stepan, have just posted it there and will see what happens. If the outcome solves my problem, I will post the link to my question here later on.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm 2021 - Cannot read in my old termbases + keeps on deactivating in studio

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »