Wordfast Anywhere Source and Target Column Size Adjustment?
Thread poster: timtak
timtak
timtak
Japan
Local time: 07:53
Japanese to English
+ ...
Sep 28, 2017

Before I open the translation, the source and target are equal in width at about half the screen but when I open a segment to translate, the source (Japanese) is about 80% of the screen width and the target (English) column where I need to type is only about 20% of the screen width and too small.

This is probably because Japanese does not have spaces, so Wordfast Anywhere is unsure where to introduce line feeds.

I am translating a Powerpoint file but I don't think tha
... See more
Before I open the translation, the source and target are equal in width at about half the screen but when I open a segment to translate, the source (Japanese) is about 80% of the screen width and the target (English) column where I need to type is only about 20% of the screen width and too small.

This is probably because Japanese does not have spaces, so Wordfast Anywhere is unsure where to introduce line feeds.

I am translating a Powerpoint file but I don't think that matters.
I could add Japanese commas to the segment breaks but I want to translate sentence by sentence.
Collapse

Andrea Bauer
Andrea Bauer  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 23:53
Italian to German
+ ...
Change view of translation grid Sep 28, 2017

Click on Doc Layout and toogle the panel view to have source and target in horizontal lines.

WF

timtak
timtak
Japan
Local time: 07:53
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Sep 29, 2017

Thank you. I am happy now. Document view is fine.
Thanks very much indeed.
Tim

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Anywhere Source and Target Column Size Adjustment?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »