Thread poster: Comunican
Comunican
Comunican
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:49
Spanish to English
+ ...
Dec 10, 2018

Hi I'm using Wordfast Anywhere and have pre-translated a document that has many 100% matches. However, I don't know how to be able to move from one non pre-translated segment to the next, without. I feel sure there must be a way, but just can't see it anywhere.
Also, is there a way of stopping segments being closed unsaved and instead have it always default to saving changes. It makes moving around documents with many small segments quite tedious otherwise.
I have looked through the
... See more
Hi I'm using Wordfast Anywhere and have pre-translated a document that has many 100% matches. However, I don't know how to be able to move from one non pre-translated segment to the next, without. I feel sure there must be a way, but just can't see it anywhere.
Also, is there a way of stopping segments being closed unsaved and instead have it always default to saving changes. It makes moving around documents with many small segments quite tedious otherwise.
I have looked through the manual and have done Google searches, but to no avail - maybe I'm just tired!
Many thanks for any help.
Collapse

Nikki Scott-Despaigne
Nikki Scott-Despaigne  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:49
French to English
You Tube Dec 11, 2018

I suggest that you search YouTube for a tuto. There are lots of them out there.

Comunican

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 11:49
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
There might be none Dec 11, 2018

I don't know Anywhere, but in WFP 3 there is not shortcut for finding the next untranslated segment. You have to scroll through and look at the status column. This is one feature I miss in WFP and why I prefer SDL Studio.

B D Finch
Comunican

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I move to the next empty target-segment

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »