Locale object for specified locale-code (nb) doesn't exist.
Thread poster: Elisabeth Maurland
Elisabeth Maurland
Elisabeth Maurland
United States
Local time: 05:52
Member (2013)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Jan 18, 2019

Hi,

WordFast Pro version: 5.6.0 (demo)
MacBook Pro: macOS 10.13.6

I just posted the question about sdlproj, but in the meantime the client sent me xliff files, so that problem is now solved. However, I got a new one. After successfully loading all the files into WordFast I can't open them, I just get the error message: Locale object for specified locale-code (nb) doesn't exist.
I don't know what this means.

I have had WordFast for a few years, b
... See more
Hi,

WordFast Pro version: 5.6.0 (demo)
MacBook Pro: macOS 10.13.6

I just posted the question about sdlproj, but in the meantime the client sent me xliff files, so that problem is now solved. However, I got a new one. After successfully loading all the files into WordFast I can't open them, I just get the error message: Locale object for specified locale-code (nb) doesn't exist.

I have had WordFast for a few years, but I only know the very basics, since I rarely use it, and whatever more advanced tricks I have learned have since been forgotten.

I told the client to try to find someone else, since I wasn't sure I'd be able to do it, but she told me to please keep trying.

So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Elisabeth
Collapse

Milan Condak
Milan Condak  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:52
English to Czech
Locale Jan 18, 2019

Elisabeth Maurland wrote:

Example: Project in WFA has for Interlingua a code only IA, for Czech CS-CZ (CZ is "locale" a name of state where is CS languege used)

http://www.condak.cz/nove/2019-01/18/cs/04.html

You can edit xml:lang=

in text editor

http://www.condak.cz/nove/2019-01/18/cs/01.html

In my WFP are names of Norwegian languages:

Norwegian (Norway)
Norwegian (Norway, Nynorsk)
Norwegian Bokmal (Norway)
Norwegian Nynorsk (Norway)

The codes are visible after creating new project.

In Wordfast Anywhere are codes and names:

NB Norwegian Bokmal
NN Norwegian Nynorsk
NO Norwegian
NO-NO Norwegian Norway
--
Maybe received data are with locale codes NB-NO, NN-NO or NO-NO?

Cheers,

Milan

[Edited at 2019-01-19 09:53 GMT]

Elisabeth Maurland
Elisabeth Maurland
United States
Local time: 05:52
Member (2013)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
But the language code should be correct Jan 18, 2019

The client confirmed that the language code is EN-US to Norwegian Bokmål NB. If I try to change it the color of the files turns red. Maybe I misunderstood you, but Wordfast Anywhere doesn't look like my WordFast Pro, so I don't know if I'm looking in the right places.

Jean Lachaud
Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:52
English to French
+ ...
Check and double-check the language codes Jan 18, 2019

See my response to your other thread. Double-check the language code in the SDL package; just because the customer says it is something does not mean it actually is.

WfP requires source AND target language codes to be exactly the same as those in the imported package. EN-US may not be seen as the same as EN-us.

Elisabeth Maurland wrote:

The client confirmed that the language code is EN-US to Norwegian Bokmål NB. If I try to change it the color of the files turns red. Maybe I misunderstood you, but Wordfast Anywhere doesn't look like my WordFast Pro, so I don't know if I'm looking in the right places.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »