WordFast pro 5.8.0: No filter for SRT files? Is it possible to translate subtitle files?
Thread poster: Maria del Carmen Blanco Rodriguez
Maria del Carmen Blanco Rodriguez
Maria del Carmen Blanco Rodriguez  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 21:43
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 6, 2019

I've used Wordfast Pro for several years, and just recently I am needing to translate subtitle files (SRT format). I did some research online and apparently for Wordfast 3.4 it was possible to add a filter for SRT files, but apparently that disappeared in version 5. Is it possible to translate subtitle files in WF Pro 5.8?

Juan Jacob
Juan Jacob  Identity Verified
Mexico
French to Spanish
+ ...
Don't know... Feb 6, 2019

...about Wordfast, but I do know that a .srt file (it's a .txt file, very simple) can be read by Word.
Good luck.

Maria del Carmen Blanco Rodriguez
Maria del Carmen Blanco Rodriguez  Identity Verified
Mexico
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I've re-downloaded WF Pro 3 Feb 6, 2019

I decided to reinstall WF Pro 3 since it does support SRT files, now I'm able to use my TMs too

Hedwig Spitzer (X)
Thayenga

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WordFast pro 5.8.0: No filter for SRT files? Is it possible to translate subtitle files?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »