Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 18:22
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Feb 15, 2019

Hello everyone

I had a problem in that MT matches in TXML files are not marked as such in the bilingual review DOC files, so I wrote a little script that adds a flag to such segments in the TXML file.

Since it is simpler to add the flag to the source text, that is what I did, but then it turned out that this is an advantage, because now edited machine translated segments are stored in my TM with a flag that warns me about this fact, and that prevents such TUs from produ
... See more
Hello everyone

I had a problem in that MT matches in TXML files are not marked as such in the bilingual review DOC files, so I wrote a little script that adds a flag to such segments in the TXML file.

Since it is simpler to add the flag to the source text, that is what I did, but then it turned out that this is an advantage, because now edited machine translated segments are stored in my TM with a flag that warns me about this fact, and that prevents such TUs from producing a 100% match.

The only slight downside is that you must remember to work on a copy of the TXML file and not deliver a file containing flags to the client.

http://www.leuce.com/autoit/TXML%20MT%20Flagger.zip

By default, the script adds {mmm} to the end of the source text of a machine translated segment, but you can change it (and opt to have the flag added to the start of the source text instead of the end).

If you make the flag something with a number, e.g. {0m0m0}, then TransCheck will always report it, so that makes it a useful way of showing machine translated segments (edited or otherwise) in the TransCheck report, in case you want to double-check just such segments (since WFP3 doesn't have display filtering capabilities).

The script can also add flags to changed segments and unchanged segments (this is useful mostly if you use bilingual review DOC files extensively for 2nd proofreading, as I do).

Let me know if this doesn't work for you.

Samuel

[Edited at 2019-02-15 10:40 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Flag MT'd segments in TXML files using AutoIt script

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »