Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:32
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 3, 2016

I new client has asked me to translate using XTM Cloud. The project contains a termbase that shows me that certain source terms are stored in the termbase. The target term, nevertheless, is empty. I have read the Help, seen the tutorial videos, but I cannot find the directions to edit the target term in order to add the right translation (and not having an empty target term).

Kind regards

Clarisa

XTM Intl
XTM Intl
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:32
This option will be added to the interface in XTM Cloud v10 Oct 4, 2016

Dear Clarisa,

Thank you for your question. In XTM Cloud v9.7 it is possible to turn off decoration of terms without translations but the option is not present in the interface. It requires your customer to request it with XTM by contacting our support at [email protected].

In order to increase the convenience of suppressing decoration of these terms a new option will be available directly in the interface. It
... See more
Dear Clarisa,

Thank you for your question. In XTM Cloud v9.7 it is possible to turn off decoration of terms without translations but the option is not present in the interface. It requires your customer to request it with XTM by contacting our support at [email protected].

In order to increase the convenience of suppressing decoration of these terms a new option will be available directly in the interface. It will be called "Decorate terms without translation" and it will be possible to uncheck it in the coming release of our latest version of XTM v10. We hope this will improve working with terminology for linguists.

Best regards,
XTM Support
Collapse

Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:32
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
"Decoration"? Oct 4, 2016

Whatever be the name, I would like to insert the target term in the termbase. I don't even see if there is a termbase attached (the source terms are in blue, thus I imagined that there was one).
I don't feel comfortable working without a termbase. I need it for terminology consistency. It seems that it is impossible for me to add an external termbase (my termbase) to a project created by the client. Would you consider that feature in the future?
Regards

Clarisa

Andreas Ljungström
Andreas Ljungström
Germany
Local time: 06:32
German to English
+ ...
Ask client for edit rights in terminology Oct 5, 2016

Hi,

I'm an admin in our XTM instance and can assure you that this can be done quite easily. If your contractor is willing, they simply have to grant you editing rights in the terminology. Once equipped with those rights, you can right-click in a source segment and select Terminology->Open terminology and then edit the concept and enter your target term. It is very intuitive. Also, if you have "Terminologist" rights, you will see a separate tab in XTM and you can research and manage
... See more
Hi,

I'm an admin in our XTM instance and can assure you that this can be done quite easily. If your contractor is willing, they simply have to grant you editing rights in the terminology. Once equipped with those rights, you can right-click in a source segment and select Terminology->Open terminology and then edit the concept and enter your target term. It is very intuitive. Also, if you have "Terminologist" rights, you will see a separate tab in XTM and you can research and manage terminology there.

Hope this helps.
Andreas
Collapse

XTM Intl
XTM Intl
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:32
Terminologist user role Oct 5, 2016

Dear Clarisa,

Please accept apology for misunderstanding your problem. The previous post is about a different terminology feature.

If you ask your client to give you a Terminologist role and Access rights to terminology, you will be able to add terms to the client's terminology.

You are correct. XTM does not support adding an external terminology at this point. We will discuss this feature for development in future versions.

Clarisa, thank you
... See more
Dear Clarisa,

Please accept apology for misunderstanding your problem. The previous post is about a different terminology feature.

If you ask your client to give you a Terminologist role and Access rights to terminology, you will be able to add terms to the client's terminology.

You are correct. XTM does not support adding an external terminology at this point. We will discuss this feature for development in future versions.

Clarisa, thank you for your thoughts.
Andreas, your support is much appreciated.

Best regards,
XTM Support
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

How to edit terminology in termbase

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »