comment faire payer un éditeur américain récalcitrant ?
Thread poster: Christina Kott
Christina Kott
Christina Kott
Local time: 22:20
French to German
+ ...
Jun 2, 2003

Peut-on engager une requête en injonction à payer à l'encontre d'un éditeur qui a une raison sociale en France, mais dont les contrats sont signés par la maison mère à New York (si c'est la maison mère, puisqu'elle porte un autre nom)? Quelle législation s'applique dans ce cas ? Qui peut donner des pistes pour lutter contre ce genre d'abus de la globalisation et de la délocalisation ?

Jane Lamb-Ruiz (X)
Jane Lamb-Ruiz (X)  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
oui mais voir solution de la lettre Jun 2, 2003

oui, vous pouvez mais c'est chère.

Envoyez ceci à la personne numéro un AVEC SON NOM ET TITRE>..

Dear Mr. or Ms. [name],

I am writing to confirm that I have performed translation services for your company in France, XXX. The services were for YYY and the invoice, which was sent to the company ON, has still not been paid.
AAA months have elapsed since this payment was due.

I ask that you kindly remit payment as soon as possible or h
... See more
oui, vous pouvez mais c'est chère.

Envoyez ceci à la personne numéro un AVEC SON NOM ET TITRE>..

Dear Mr. or Ms. [name],

I am writing to confirm that I have performed translation services for your company in France, XXX. The services were for YYY and the invoice, which was sent to the company ON, has still not been paid.
AAA months have elapsed since this payment was due.

I ask that you kindly remit payment as soon as possible or have your subsidiary do so. In the event you do not respond to this registered letter, I will be obliged to post the name of your company on the Internet on several sites dealing with non-payment in translation issues as well as take formal legal action against your company through my lawyer.

I certainly hope this can be settled amicably and as soon as possible.

Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

Sincerely,
X

Make sure you do the letter in the US format with your info on the RIGHT and their info on the LEFT and Don't use capital letters for the names but include the person complete name and title.

Good luck...
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Andriy Bublikov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

comment faire payer un éditeur américain récalcitrant ?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »