Laura Arias
Laura Arias
Spain
Local time: 16:09
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 5, 2009

Hello everyone:

My name is Laura, and I obtained the Japanese Language Proficency Test Level 2.
I worked as a Manga/Japanese Comic Translator during two years, but now I am considering to specialize in any field: legal, technical, etc.

Does any of you know about any online or distance training with Japanese as Source Language? My mother tongue is Spanish. As it could be difficult to find, maybe a Japanese>English is more frequent.

Thanks.

Shigeki Ohbayashi
Shigeki Ohbayashi  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 23:09
Member (2004)
French to Japanese
+ ...
日本語 オンライントレーニング Nov 5, 2009

こんにちは

日本語オンライントレーニングのサイト2つありました。

http://www.j-os.com/faqJ.html 

http://www.japonin.com/jp/corporate-service.php 

English でも読めます。 参考になれば嬉しいです。

Bon courage

Geraldine Oudin
Geraldine Oudin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Japanese to French
+ ...
Into Spanish Nov 6, 2009

Hi Laura,

Unfortunately I do not know about translation courses into Spanish, but I would definitely recommend you look for training into your native language rather than into English.

The complete understanding of the source language is not enough to make a good translator, perfect mastery of the target language is as much important (maybe even more important). In fact, and it has been discussed on a different thread recently, being a native doesn't even mean one can
... See more
Hi Laura,

Unfortunately I do not know about translation courses into Spanish, but I would definitely recommend you look for training into your native language rather than into English.

The complete understanding of the source language is not enough to make a good translator, perfect mastery of the target language is as much important (maybe even more important). In fact, and it has been discussed on a different thread recently, being a native doesn't even mean one can write well enough to be a translator...

If your English is not native (and I can tell it isn't), you shouldn't be translating into English. If you can't find online training into Spanish, maybe you should enrol for a course at University. It may not be as concevient, but you will be taught in your native language and will learn much more than online...

That said, as a native French speaker, I can understand your frustration.
Collapse

Laura Arias
Laura Arias
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not very easy to find... Nov 6, 2009

Well, maybe my newbie-ness makes me think wrong, but the only chance I think I have is to obtain that specialization twice - First into English, later into Spanish (or the opposite).

Japanese language option at University is only found at Barcelona (perhaps also at Madrid), and as a C language (A language= Spanish(native), B= usually English/French, C=rest of options (from German to Japanese). So the technical field is really hard to attain (If anyone reads this and can provide a mo
... See more
Well, maybe my newbie-ness makes me think wrong, but the only chance I think I have is to obtain that specialization twice - First into English, later into Spanish (or the opposite).

Japanese language option at University is only found at Barcelona (perhaps also at Madrid), and as a C language (A language= Spanish(native), B= usually English/French, C=rest of options (from German to Japanese). So the technical field is really hard to attain (If anyone reads this and can provide a more accurate information, please let us know...).

On the other hand, I found interesting options here:

http://www.e-yakushiyo.net/index.htm

すし太郎さん、とてもおもしろかったリンクです。翻訳より、ビジネス日本語トレイニングスクールのほうですが、とにかく探させていただいてありがとうございます。

よらしくおねがいます。
Collapse

Geraldine Oudin
Geraldine Oudin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Japanese to French
+ ...
Translation or Interpreting? Nov 7, 2009

To my knowledge, the A, B, C language classification is only for interpreting, not for translation. In most French translation schools, students translate exclusively into their native language. Interpreters interpret into their A (native) and B (perfect command even though not native) languages, C being a source language only. This has nothing to do with working with technical material or not. You may interpret very technical things from C into A...For more information, you can check the AIIC w... See more
To my knowledge, the A, B, C language classification is only for interpreting, not for translation. In most French translation schools, students translate exclusively into their native language. Interpreters interpret into their A (native) and B (perfect command even though not native) languages, C being a source language only. This has nothing to do with working with technical material or not. You may interpret very technical things from C into A...For more information, you can check the AIIC website.

Once again, to me it makes no sense to translate into a language which is not one's native language. Even if you make no grammatical mistakes, you will never get the feel of the language like a native do, so your translations will never be as good as translations written by a native. Translation is not only about accuracy, it has to flow...

Ps: How about a BA or MA in Japanese Language? When I did mine, I spent my days (and most of my nights) translating from Japanese into French in a variety of fields. Of course, it doesn't give you a diploma of interpreting, but it still teaches you how to translate.

[Modifié le 2009-11-07 03:23 GMT]
Collapse

Florence_G (X)
Florence_G (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
new one Nov 26, 2009

I found this one.

http://www.tc-newvel.com/japanese/members/top.html

It seems totally new, so I don't know if it is a good recommendation.

I'm trying to find translation taining in japanese too.

But, like Geraldine said, it must be to your native language.

And Japanese > French, well, difficult to find...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Takeshi MIYAHARA[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Searching for Japanese translation training

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »