How much do you think I should charge to proofread this document?
Thread poster: kenjimukai (X)
kenjimukai (X)
kenjimukai (X)
Local time: 07:12
Japanese to English
Jun 20, 2002

I would much appreciate hearing your opinions about how much you think proofreading this document is worth.

Title of the Invention: coaxial type electro-optical distance meter

What Is Claimed Is:

1. A coaxial type electro-optical distance meter, that is located in a rear position of an object lens, having a transmission side optical member that reflects a light from a light transmission section off a first reflection plane arranged about an opt
... See more
I would much appreciate hearing your opinions about how much you think proofreading this document is worth.

Title of the Invention: coaxial type electro-optical distance meter

What Is Claimed Is:

1. A coaxial type electro-optical distance meter, that is located in a rear position of an object lens, having a transmission side optical member that reflects a light from a light transmission section off a first reflection plane arranged about an optical axis of the object lens to emit to the reflection member arranged in a frontal position of the object lens and a light reception side optical member reflecting the reception light, that is reflected on the reflection member, on a second reflection plane arranged in the near position of the first reflection plane to introduce the light reception section arranged in a lateral side of said optical axis, wherein in order to position said optical axis in a nearly central section of a light flux of the transmission light, the reflection plane of said first reflection plane is arranged and in said light emission side optical member, transmission light-making means is installed top make a cross sectional shape of the light flux of the transmission light in a point-asymmetric shape.

Detailed Description of the Invention

Field of Industrial Application

The present invention relates to a coaxial type electro-optical distance meter in which an optical collimating system of an electro-optical distance meter, specifically, a light transmission side optical member transmitting a transmission light through an object lens composing telescope optical system and a light reception side optical member receiving a reception light fed through an object lens are coaxially arranged.

Prior Art

A conventional electro-optical distance meter has a structure in which a modulated light is transmitted through the transmission light side optical member, the modulated light is reflected on the object, and measure a phase difference of received signal obtained by reception of a reflected light by a detector through the light reception side optical member from a reference signal obtained from a light source to measure the distance from the object on the basis of the phase difference. However, in the case that a corner prism is used as the reflection member to reflect the very highly paralleled transmission light on the corner prism, the light flux of the transmission light coincides completely with the light flux of the reception light reflected to make sometimes reaching of the reception light to the reception light side optical member impossible. In this case, distance measurement cannot be carried out.
Collapse

Bart B. Van Bockstaele
Bart B. Van Bockstaele  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 18:12
Dutch
+ ...
Nothing Jun 20, 2002

You should simply not accept it. This is not proofreading. This is editing to the extent of retranslating. If you don\'t have the source text, this is impossible.

If you do have it, you should retranslate it, not edit it because editing will take longer and more effort than normal translating. Before you do that, you must of course confer with the customer.

krishna mallick
krishna mallick
India
Local time: 03:42
Japanese to English
+ ...
You need not do proof reading Jun 20, 2002

I read out the whole translation. The translation is very difficult to understand. The reason is

1. The flow of english is such that it is difficult to comprehend.

2. Sentence is continued till the end which makes understanding difficiult. Wakarinikui desu.

The translation needs a retranslation. Hence I suggest you not to do proof reading. Instead you can help the translator by giving some tips on how to translate when there are difficult sentences.
... See more
I read out the whole translation. The translation is very difficult to understand. The reason is

1. The flow of english is such that it is difficult to comprehend.

2. Sentence is continued till the end which makes understanding difficiult. Wakarinikui desu.

The translation needs a retranslation. Hence I suggest you not to do proof reading. Instead you can help the translator by giving some tips on how to translate when there are difficult sentences.
[addsig]
Collapse

Philip Ronan
Philip Ronan
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:12
Japanese to English
+ ...
Charge by the hour Jun 20, 2002

If a client isn\'t prepared to accept an hourly rate for proofreading, then I wouldn\'t take the job at all.

bd2016
bd2016
United States
English to Japanese
時間チャージ Jun 20, 2002

�����̕��͂͂ƂĂ������̂��ʏ�ł��B

���e�͂Ƃ�����A�|���蒼���̉”\\��������̂Ȃ玞�ԃ`���[�W���K�����Ǝv���܂��B

�|��Ɋւ��鎞���̕��ϒP����

http://www.proz.com/?sp=rates_view&rates_view_pair=jpn_eng

���Q�l�ɂȂ�Ǝv���܂��B

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Charge your regular translation rate Jun 30, 2002

This text looks like machine translation, completely useless. You will have to retranslate the whole thing. If the client has the original, offer to start over, and charge your regular translation rate. Otherwise, don\'t take it. (At least, I wouldn\'t.)

krishna mallick
krishna mallick
India
Local time: 03:42
Japanese to English
+ ...
Agree with Katalin... Jul 2, 2002

this seems like a machine translation...

horse
horse
Local time: 07:12
English to Japanese
+ ...
typical patent translation Sep 10, 2002

I\'m regularly translating patents and this long and hard to understand version is the way translators are required by agencies to translate. This would not pass for a piece of good writing elsewhere but in this particluar field, the only method accepted.

I\'m sorry but I don\'t know the rates for proofreading.

HIROSE (X)
HIROSE (X)  Identity Verified
Japanese to English
+ ...
Agree... Oct 22, 2002

Yes, it does look like a machine translation.

Linda Su
Linda Su
English to Japanese
+ ...
machine translation Nov 25, 2002

I normally charge double for proofreading translation done by machine.

Linda Su

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Takeshi MIYAHARA[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How much do you think I should charge to proofread this document?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »