Thread poster: Hiroko Albrecht
Hiroko Albrecht
Hiroko Albrecht  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:51
English to Japanese
+ ...
Oct 25, 2002

I have a question for native Japanese people (or equivalent) who have at least one experience (preferably many) in transcribing audio tapes in Japanese.

How long do you think is the average time required to transcribe 45-minute audio tape in Japanese? To narrow it down, it\'s an interview between a pharmaceutical rep and a doctor discussing medical issues, and they talk pretty fast.

I\'m actually working on three of those tapes, and so far, I\'m averag
... See more
I have a question for native Japanese people (or equivalent) who have at least one experience (preferably many) in transcribing audio tapes in Japanese.

How long do you think is the average time required to transcribe 45-minute audio tape in Japanese? To narrow it down, it\'s an interview between a pharmaceutical rep and a doctor discussing medical issues, and they talk pretty fast.

I\'m actually working on three of those tapes, and so far, I\'m averaging a little over 4 hours per tape. Do you think it\'s taking too long, or do you think that\'s pretty good?

This is my first time transcribing audio tapes, so I would very much appreciate any feedback.

Thank you for your time.
Collapse

horse
horse
Local time: 00:51
English to Japanese
+ ...
4 hours appropriate Oct 27, 2002

4 hours per tape sounds reasonable to me. Although I hardly ever transcribe from tapes, when I do have the chance to do so I find it quite time consuming since the tapes are sometimes inarticulate.

Not many posts in the Japanese language forum is there. I wonder why when there are many more participating in the Kudos.

Hiroko Albrecht
Hiroko Albrecht  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:51
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your comment! Oct 27, 2002

Quote:

Not many posts in the Japanese language forum is there. I wonder why when there are many more participating in the Kudos.

I believe that\'s because you can\'t earn KudoZ point here...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Takeshi MIYAHARA[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Hours required to transcribe 45min audio tape in Japanese

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »