Thread poster: Dave Bindon
Dave Bindon
Dave Bindon  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 09:48
Greek to English
In memoriam
Sep 8, 2011

Sorry if this has been asked and/or answered elsewhere, but I can't find anything relevant (maybe I'm just being stupid?!).

I translate exclusively Greek > English.

I can also answer many English > Greek questions on Kudoz, but I haven't found any way to get e-mail notifications of Kudoz questions in this pair/direction unless I claim to work in English > Greek (which I have done). Because of a separate issue I've even had to claim (as suggested by site staff) that I wo
... See more
Sorry if this has been asked and/or answered elsewhere, but I can't find anything relevant (maybe I'm just being stupid?!).

I translate exclusively Greek > English.

I can also answer many English > Greek questions on Kudoz, but I haven't found any way to get e-mail notifications of Kudoz questions in this pair/direction unless I claim to work in English > Greek (which I have done). Because of a separate issue I've even had to claim (as suggested by site staff) that I work on Greek monolingual projects (I suppose that is occasionally true for editing).

Since I also speak French and Welsh I'd like to get notifications about questions from/to these languages in any combination with English and Greek [for practice in French and Welsh rather than any desire to get Kudoz points], but I can't see how to do it without claiming that I translate in all these combinations. I don't want to appear like a "Jack of all trades...".

Is there a way to get Kudoz notifications for questions which are not in your working languages and direction?
Collapse

Yolanda Broad
Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:48
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

How about adding pairs and hiding them? Sep 8, 2011

You can set your profile to include more language pairs without showing those pairs in your profile.

I have my profile set to a lot more language pairs than those showing there. This allows me to receive notifications in those particular pairs. The hidden pairs are labeled "Interest pair (not shown in profile)." (However, I have most of those pairs set to no notifications--receiving notifications in all those pairs would have my mailbox filled to bursting!)

Dave Bindon
Dave Bindon  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 09:48
Greek to English
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
Thanks! Sep 8, 2011

Or, as we'd say in Greece, χίλια ευχαριστώ (a thousand thank-yous). So easy to do, but I just didn't think of looking outside Kudoz settings.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Kudoz notifications - language pairs

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »