TM results not appearing
Thread poster: Tiffany Hardy
Tiffany Hardy
Tiffany Hardy  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:11
Spanish to English
Mar 11, 2014

I'm doing a translation that is similar to one I did last week, so I applied the TM from last week's project to read from (not to write to). When I started translating I noticed that in a segment I know I had translated before, my result from last week's does not appear. I was surprised, so checked to make sure I had the right TM applied to the project and opened the TM to make sure the segment had been saved last week properly in the TM. There is was in the TM, which is ticked as being applie... See more
I'm doing a translation that is similar to one I did last week, so I applied the TM from last week's project to read from (not to write to). When I started translating I noticed that in a segment I know I had translated before, my result from last week's does not appear. I was surprised, so checked to make sure I had the right TM applied to the project and opened the TM to make sure the segment had been saved last week properly in the TM. There is was in the TM, which is ticked as being applied to this project.

So why isn't it appearing in the translation results?

I'm using version 6.5.19

Thanks in advance for any help.
Collapse

Denis Hay
Denis Hay
more info? Mar 11, 2014

Hi Tiffany,

It's hard to say from a brief description without any specific details and/or knowing the settings (particularly TM settings) in your project.

What was this source text in your TM and what was the sentence to translate? What was the minimum match rate set in TM settings? Which language pair was involved?

Epameinondas Soufleros
Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 16:11
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
Are you using memoQ4Free? Mar 11, 2014

Have you activated a license for it or are you using the memoQ4Free edition? I think this free edition does not allow you to re-use your old translations, i.e. leverage content from a translation memory.

[Edited at 2014-03-11 09:03 GMT]

Andrea Muller (X)
Andrea Muller (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:11
English to German
+ ...
Are the tags different? Mar 11, 2014

This had happened to me when the tags were different, even though the words were identical.

Tiffany Hardy
Tiffany Hardy  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
To answer your questions Mar 14, 2014

Thank you for trying to help me and sorry for not giving more information. Here are the answers to your questions that I hope can help you determine what is wrong:

- The tags were not different.

- I have a full license not the free addition.

- I will try to explain the settings: This is a transit file that I imported and upon doing so, imported a TM included in the package into one that I defined. I didn't specify any minimum match rate, so I suppo
... See more
Thank you for trying to help me and sorry for not giving more information. Here are the answers to your questions that I hope can help you determine what is wrong:

- The tags were not different.

- I have a full license not the free addition.

- I will try to explain the settings: This is a transit file that I imported and upon doing so, imported a TM included in the package into one that I defined. I didn't specify any minimum match rate, so I suppose it is the default.

- Spanish to English is the language

- The source and target texts were similar enough that is should have appeared. When I did the first translation, the TM provided in the transit package produced a TM result. I modified it slightly and and confirmed it (It appears in my TM when I open it, just not in the results pane). Upon getting the second translation, I saw the results again of the first TM in the results pane, but not my version, just the unmodified, original result. So I have the old TM result, but not the one that should be in there from the modification I made.

I hope this is clear!
Collapse

Mohamed Gubara
Mohamed Gubara
Sudan
English to Arabic
+ ...
Same problem Oct 16, 2021

High Tiffany
I am facing the same problem you faced before i.e no hits from my TMs. I hope you found a fix to help me too. The second point you mentioned you checked your TM and found what should be hits there in your TM. how can i check what is inside my TMs? Thank you in advance.
Gubara

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TM results not appearing

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »