Thread poster: Capitaltrans
Claudio Porcellana (X)
Claudio Porcellana (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 23:06
English to Italian
The export failed because of incorrectly paired "hlink" tags Nov 23, 2021

Annamaria Amik wrote:
Running a QA before exporting often helps with tag errors (right-click file, Task > Run QA). Normally it will tell you which row you're having problems with, and you don't have to try to remove all the tags, and so on, but only try doing something with that specific row.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work because the link is internal, dead, and often hidden, so the QA says nothing

[Edited at 2021-11-23 14:11 GMT]

JaneCatherine
JaneCatherine
Germany
"hlink tags" Oct 11, 2022

Thank you so much guys for the hyperlink tip. I was simply missing two "hlink" tags in my translation and when I found them, the export worked!

I actually don't know where the TransTools are in MemoQ. It would be good to know for future reference.

Don Elliott
Don Elliott  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:06
Member (2009)
Japanese to English
Removing all tags worked Mar 10, 2023

I tried removing all tags from the file and it worked.
I first selected all strings and pressed CTL-F8, which strips out all tags.
On attempting to export, I got a message saying I was missing a few tags that had to be there.
I fixed that and tried to export and got the same message.
After fixing the tags again I was able to export the file.
Note that this file was an Word export from PDF and there were crosslinks and other artifacts in the data.

Do
... See more
I tried removing all tags from the file and it worked.
I first selected all strings and pressed CTL-F8, which strips out all tags.
On attempting to export, I got a message saying I was missing a few tags that had to be there.
I fixed that and tried to export and got the same message.
After fixing the tags again I was able to export the file.
Note that this file was an Word export from PDF and there were crosslinks and other artifacts in the data.

Don.
Collapse

Paul Smith 1865
Paul Smith 1865
Netherlands
Local time: 23:06
Dutch to English
Might be worth trying Feb 27

What worked for me was to empty the misbehaving target segment and then export, selecting the option to fill empty segments with the source text. You then get a bit of untranslated text, but that can be corrected in the exported document (MemoQ, Version 10.5.7).

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The export failed because of incorrectly paired "hlink" tags

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »