Help: Predictive typing when capitalization is different in the source segment and the termbase
Thread poster: beronike
beronike
beronike
Spain
Local time: 14:19
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 13, 2021

Good morning:
I am working on a project where terms in the source text appear in both lowercase, uppercase or lowercase with initial capital letter.

The glossary terms are configured not to be case-sensitive.

The Capitalization option under Predictive typing and AutoPick is set to Intelligent capitalization based on the source segment.

MemoQ displays all terms perfectly in the Translation Results window; however, the predictive typing does no
... See more
Good morning:
I am working on a project where terms in the source text appear in both lowercase, uppercase or lowercase with initial capital letter.

The glossary terms are configured not to be case-sensitive.

The Capitalization option under Predictive typing and AutoPick is set to Intelligent capitalization based on the source segment.

MemoQ displays all terms perfectly in the Translation Results window; however, the predictive typing does not work in cases where the terms of the source segment and the termbase are different.

Example:
Source: Component
In the Translation Results, the termbase match is: EN: component ES: componente

Since the capitalization is different, it does not allow me to type the C and then take advantage of predictive typing, so I have to type the entire term.

Does anyone know if there is any setting I am missing so I can benefit from predictive typing even when the capitalization is different?

Thank you for your help.
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 15:19
English to Russian
Lookup is case-sensitive Sep 13, 2021

Hi beronike,
Try to untick this checkbox:
2021-09-13_103125

[Edited at 2021-09-13 16:17 GMT]

Grigori Gazarian

beronike
beronike
Spain
Local time: 14:19
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you so much! Sep 13, 2021

Thank you!
This is exactly what I needed
Best and happy day

Stepan Konev

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help: Predictive typing when capitalization is different in the source segment and the termbase

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »