How do I get back my progress indicator in MemoQ?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 13:21
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Sep 22, 2021

I received a MQDF file from my customer and used the provided credentials for connecting to their server after I had double-clicked on the MQDF file. But now in the editor in MemoQ when I have started translating I have no progress indicator for the document, which is normally displayed furthest down in the editor. Have I accidentially clicked a shortcut combination that deactivated its display, or does it have anything to do with th
... See more

I received a MQDF file from my customer and used the provided credentials for connecting to their server after I had double-clicked on the MQDF file. But now in the editor in MemoQ when I have started translating I have no progress indicator for the document, which is normally displayed furthest down in the editor. Have I accidentially clicked a shortcut combination that deactivated its display, or does it have anything to do with that I started out with a MQDF file?
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 14:21
English to Russian
You can try to reset layout by removing some files Sep 23, 2021

First, go to C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\MemoQ.
Delete DockLayoutConfigs.bin, Preferences-layout.xml, Preferences-editor.xml, and Preferences-lookup.xml and then start memoQ.

[Edited at 2021-09-23 07:10 GMT]

Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 13:21
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Only one file to delete; problem occurred after updating to latest version Sep 23, 2021

There is only one file to delete, should I try that (if possible to have a project without files)?

This problem occurred when I updated MemoQ to the latest version. I will see if it is the same with other projects also. No, I have another, own multiple years translation project in MemoQ, and there I can see the progress indicator and all other indicators furthest down in the editor view. But for this current project, that bar furthest down is completely empty.

[Edited at 2021
... See more
There is only one file to delete, should I try that (if possible to have a project without files)?

This problem occurred when I updated MemoQ to the latest version. I will see if it is the same with other projects also. No, I have another, own multiple years translation project in MemoQ, and there I can see the progress indicator and all other indicators furthest down in the editor view. But for this current project, that bar furthest down is completely empty.

[Edited at 2021-09-23 11:02 GMT]

Now when I opened my current project, all indicators are back again, after having updated the project. What happened?

[Edited at 2021-09-23 11:04 GMT]
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 14:21
English to Russian
Ah, then just ignore that Sep 23, 2021

Well, if the problem is limited by just a single project, I think you could just live with it. Yes, there can be less files, than I mentioned. If you have only one, you can try only one. You can restore it then, if deleting is no help. But if you have an ongoing job I suggest to postpone the experiment to a later date when you have the job done. No further ideas, sorry.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »