ahartje
Portugal
Local time: 11:02
Member (2006)
German to Portuguese
+ ...
Oct 14, 2021

Dear all,

here comes a question, which needs an urgent reply, because it causes a total stop in an ongoing project.

What happened: today, while I was working on one of my projects, the program collapsed (I have no idea why), but, apparently, did not turn off. Therefore, I restarted the computer and tried to restart my project in memoQ. Without success and getting the following message:
General error

TYPE:
System.InvalidOperationExcep
... See more
Dear all,

here comes a question, which needs an urgent reply, because it causes a total stop in an ongoing project.

What happened: today, while I was working on one of my projects, the program collapsed (I have no idea why), but, apparently, did not turn off. Therefore, I restarted the computer and tried to restart my project in memoQ. Without success and getting the following message:
General error

TYPE:
System.InvalidOperationException

SOURCE:
System.Xml

CALL STACK:
bei System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
bei System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(Stream stream)
bei Kilgray.Utils.SerializationHelper.DeserializeXML(Type objType, String filePath, Type[] extraTypes)
bei Kilgray.Utils.SerializationHelper.DeserializeXML[ObjectType](String filePath)
bei MemoQ.MonolingualReview.MonolingualReviewSessionsManager.LoadProjectMRInfo(String projectDirectory)
bei MemoQ.Project.ProjectDocument.OnOpenDocument(Object openParam)
bei MemoQ.ApplicationFramework.DocTypeManager.c__DisplayClass14_0.b__0()
bei MemoQ.ApplicationFramework.DocTypeManager.executeFromOpenErrorHandlingBlock(Func`1 func, Object openParam)
------------------ Inner exception ------------------

TYPE:
System.Xml.XmlException

SOURCE:
System.Xml

CALL STACK:
bei System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
bei System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
bei System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent()
bei Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderMRProjectInfo.Read6_MRProjectInfo()

I am working with memoQ 8.7.11, but meanwhile I updated my service contract and sent a support ticket to memoQ, of course without any reply so far.

Any idea what to do? I am deeply grateful for any suggestion.
Collapse

Anton Konashenok
Anton Konashenok  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 12:02
French to English
+ ...
First things to do Oct 14, 2021

1. Start MemoQ and try opening any other project. If it opens fine, then the project file in question is corrupt. However, your past work is already in the translation memory, so your best bet is to delete that file and start the same project from scratch - MemoQ will be giving you 100% matches for everything you've already done.

2. If the same error reappears with a different project, try reinstalling MemoQ.

ahartje
ahartje
Portugal
Member (2006)
German to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Anton Oct 14, 2021

I´ve tried to open another folder before, but the program blocked again.

After seeing your post I tried the same with a project, not used before, and this one opened perfectly well. It seems that there are some corrupt files/folders, so now I am cleaning up by trial-and-error method.

Anton, you saved my day, thank you so much!

ahartje
ahartje
Portugal
Member (2006)
German to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
3 days later Oct 17, 2021

3 days ago I had this problem with memoQ, crashing and not re-opening the project I was working on. I asked for help, here and at memoQ, after updating my long ended service contract. Of course it was urgent... it always is, isn´t it?

Well, Anton confirmed my first approach and I gave it another try with a very old project. Since this one started, I created a new project with the files, one by one, I had translated already. What a relieve, after recovering all the work done so far.
... See more
3 days ago I had this problem with memoQ, crashing and not re-opening the project I was working on. I asked for help, here and at memoQ, after updating my long ended service contract. Of course it was urgent... it always is, isn´t it?

Well, Anton confirmed my first approach and I gave it another try with a very old project. Since this one started, I created a new project with the files, one by one, I had translated already. What a relieve, after recovering all the work done so far.

And memoQ? I´ve never heard of them. No support, no question, no idea!

In my case it´s definitely the end of memoQ, which once has been my favorite tool.
Collapse

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 06:02
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Getting urgent help from MemoQ support Oct 18, 2021

If you need urgent help from MemoQ (assuming you have a service contract), log onto the support center on their website and register a support ticket. There is a dropdown box where you can set the priority - set it to Critical and explain why (for example, inability to export a completed job). In my experience a support engineer will respond in 10-15 minutes.

ahartje
ahartje
Portugal
Member (2006)
German to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In theory Oct 18, 2021

...it should work this way, but not in this case. Once again memoQ keeps shtum.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

memoQ seems to be blocked

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »