How to confirm segment without "No more matching segments..." pop-up appearing?
Thread poster: Lari Kuhanen
Lari Kuhanen
Lari Kuhanen  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:30
Member (2013)
German to Finnish
+ ...
Oct 21, 2021

I have translated the document and I am checking it through. All segments are confirmed. Every time I make a change and confirm a segment a pop-up window appears to inform me that there are "no more matching segments to jump to in this document" and need to click ok to close it. Can I get rid of the feature?

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 10:30
Danish to English
+ ...
Ctrl+Shift+G Oct 21, 2021

Use Ctrl+Shift+G once to tell memoQ which type of segments to go to, in your case 'All rows'.

Stepan Konev
Lari Kuhanen

Lari Kuhanen
Lari Kuhanen  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:30
Member (2013)
German to Finnish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
works Oct 21, 2021

Thanks. Looks like a partial solution at least. Just have to change the setting when ready with translation and change it back before starting a new project.

Niina Lahokoski
Niina Lahokoski  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 12:30
Member (2008)
English to Finnish
+ ...
Disable "Automatically jump" Oct 21, 2021

In the same window you can also uncheck the box under "Automatically jump: Automatically jump after confirmation."
I do wish there was a shortcut for this.

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 10:30
Danish to English
+ ...
Doesn't seem to work Oct 21, 2021

Niina Lahokoski wrote:

In the same window you can also uncheck the box under "Automatically jump: Automatically jump after confirmation."
I do wish there was a shortcut for this.

Unticking this does not seem to have any effect. I'm on version 9.9.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 12:30
English to Russian
Why partial? Oct 21, 2021

Lari Kuhanen wrote:
Looks like a partial solution at least.
You want both behaviors simultaneously. How can it be possible at all? Do you suppose memoQ to telepathically know for which segment you want a pop-up notification and for which you don't? Obviously you have to turn it on and off.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to confirm segment without "No more matching segments..." pop-up appearing?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »