Stran v tématu:   < [1 2 3]
Poll: How far is your workplace from your bed?
Autor vlákna: ProZ.com Staff
Nigel Greenwood (X)
Nigel Greenwood (X)  Identity Verified
Španělsko
Local time: 21:00
španělština -> angličtina
+ ...
Same floor, next room Jul 4, 2008

My workplace (office) is on the same floor of my villa as my bedroom. As many have said, I do not have to 'dress up' to go to work. Although the bad point is that we all long hours.:)
Regards,
Nigel.

Deschant
Deschant
Local time: 20:00
Same room... Jul 4, 2008

... but eventually I would like to rent a small office.

Regards,
Eva

Xanthippe
Xanthippe
Francie
Local time: 21:00
Člen (2008)
italština -> francouzština
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
10 min. by car Jul 4, 2008

or underground .... (which I prefer !!!).

I choose to rent an office car I prefer to not have my office in my home.

Madalena Ribeiro
Madalena Ribeiro  Identity Verified
Člen (2007)
angličtina -> portugalština
+ ...
In the room next to my bedroom Jul 4, 2008

I share the office with my husband, but I'm planning to convert another room in an office just for me, as he speaks a lot on the telephone...

[Editada em 2008-07-04 11:34]

R. Alex Jenkins
R. Alex Jenkins  Identity Verified
Brazílie
Local time: 16:00
Člen (2006)
portugalština -> angličtina
+ ...
Being close to family Jul 4, 2008

We sleep downstairs, near to the kitchen, but we have a living area and an office upstairs - rather the inverse of UK homes I guess.

My office has a door and air-con, so when the kids are being very boisterous, I simply shut the door and get on with work. I did try working in a more open area last year, without air-con / free to the elements and the din of the stereo and TV, but it caused me, how can I say, difficulties in terms of professionalism.

I love being at home
... See more
We sleep downstairs, near to the kitchen, but we have a living area and an office upstairs - rather the inverse of UK homes I guess.

My office has a door and air-con, so when the kids are being very boisterous, I simply shut the door and get on with work. I did try working in a more open area last year, without air-con / free to the elements and the din of the stereo and TV, but it caused me, how can I say, difficulties in terms of professionalism.

I love being at home and being close to my kids, having access to them at all times, but I also need a professional environment in order to BE a professional.
Collapse

Bronwen Davies
Bronwen Davies  Identity Verified
Velká Británie
Člen (2008)
němčina -> angličtina
+ ...
In the same room at the moment Jul 23, 2008

My workplace is in the same room as I sleep at the moment. Sometimes though, I sleep downstairs and maybe that would be better as I could then have proper distance from my working environment when I am not working. However, I often prefer to be upstairs (my family live in a funny bungalow so bedrooms are upstairs) so that I am closer to my family.

[Edited at 2008-07-23 11:06]

Stran v tématu:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderátor/moderátoři tohoto fóra
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: How far is your workplace from your bed?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »