Japan
Local time: 16:24
English to Japanese
+ ...
Mar 4, 2022

Dear colleagues from Proz.com,

I hope you are well.

I’m writing to you because I found a fake e-mail address: [email protected]
The man scamming and inpersonating me is "Hoàng Minh Phúc". He alse uses another mail address such as [email protected].
He i
... See more
Dear colleagues from Proz.com,

I hope you are well.

I’m writing to you because I found a fake e-mail address: [email protected]
The man scamming and inpersonating me is "Hoàng Minh Phúc". He alse uses another mail address such as [email protected].
He is a founder of Iris Localize (see https://www.linkedin.com/company/iris-localize/about/ and https://www.proz.com/business/168251-iris-localize)

I once worked for him but he used my name and CV without my permission, so I left him.
However, he is still using my name and CV to get jobs from LSP all over the world.
Collapse

Mr. Satan (X)
dkfmmuc
Anahit Tahmasyan Bal

Haruto Takashima
Haruto Takashima  Identity Verified
Japan
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Re A scam! Mar 4, 2022

He was a project manager at a Vietnamese company named Expertrans, which has been banned from Proz.com before.
If you want to find competent and trusted Japanese translator, please contact me via http://www.proz.com/translator/1901450.
That's the genuine contact of mine.
If you have some information about this Vietnamese con man, let me know. Thank you.

TTMEM TRANSLATION PORTAL
Mr. Satan (X)
dkfmmuc

Mr. Satan (X)
Mr. Satan (X)
English to Indonesian
The name does ring a bell Mar 5, 2022

I seem to remember this name from a list of scammers, but I forgot where I saw it. Anyway, I feel sorry for you. Several senior translators have their CVs and cover letters stolen by crooks, and I myself have that experience with my cover letter. Recruiters really need to stop relying on these old methods and use LinkedIn profiles instead, as it'd be easier to spot the fraudsters.

I sincerely hope that this won't cause you any financial or reputation damage.

Haruto Takashima
Anahit Tahmasyan Bal

Haruto Takashima
Japan
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Re: The name does ring a bell Mar 5, 2022

Thank you, Novian.
I found the info about the Iris Localize owned by the imposter, Hoàng Minh Phúc.
Please use this to prevent the imposter from bothering you.

Address: House No. 12, Lane 18/1, Alley 18, Group 6, Ngoc Tri Street, Thach Ban Ward, Long Bien District, Hanoi City
Tax Code: 0109680547
Business Licence: 0109680547
*Ref URL:https://masocongty.vn/company/4037021/cong-ty-tnhh-bien-phien-dich-iris-localize.html

Mr. Satan (X)

Haruto Takashima
Japan
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Re: A scam! - A tip to find an imposter Mar 7, 2022

Not only in this case, but the personnel of unreliable translation companies especially in East Asia often use Anglo-American names, like Jim, Robert, Chris instead of their real names. For example, this Vietnamese imposter uses the name "Hugo". He just arbitrarily uses the Anglo-American name associated with the first letter of his real name, Hoang. You should be especially careful when you find a person in an East Asian translation company using this kind of Anglo-American name.

Mr. Satan (X)
Mr. Satan (X)
English to Indonesian
Catch-22 Mar 7, 2022

Haruto Takashima wrote:

Not only in this case, but the personnel of unreliable translation companies especially in East Asia often use Anglo-American names, like Jim, Robert, Chris instead of their real names. For example, this Vietnamese imposter uses the name "Hugo". He just arbitrarily uses the Anglo-American name associated with the first letter of his real name, Hoang. You should be especially careful when you find a person in an East Asian translation company using this kind of Anglo-American name.

And then they switch to using East Asian names to appear legit.

Haruto Takashima

Haruto Takashima
Japan
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Finally banned the imposter! Mar 7, 2022

Hi Proz community,

A Proz staff told me that Iris Localize has been banned from Proz community.

Thank you so much for your quick action, Proz!

However, the imposter will do the same thing and we should be careful.

The Proz staff will make a scam alert for us soon. Please take a look at it when you get it.

Thank you

Mr. Satan (X)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A scam!

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »