Astrid Deumers
Astrid Deumers
Spain
Local time: 13:46
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Apr 4, 2022

Hi all, is there anyone around who is working right now. I have been working for many years with them, and they owe me 5 invoices over last year... Really wondering is they are still active and simply have blocked me out without paying... Thanks in advance for all info provided

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Please check their record and reviews Apr 4, 2022

No, I haven't worked with them before, but if it is the same company, their ProZ.com Blue Board record says it all.
I would give them a call, in case you already have chased them by email, and see what would be their reaction/reason for doing this.
On the other hand, 5 invoices due over the last year is not a proper behaviour that we can expect from a company that we have been working for many years.

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
ahartje

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Astrid Apr 5, 2022

I did a small Internet research adding their name to “non payer”, “non-payment” and “scam” and I’ve found several negative comments on them (Turkey) since 2017. There’s an US company with the same name which is out of business since June last year, I have no idea if they are related…

expressisverbis

François LASSERRE DU ROZEL
François LASSERRE DU ROZEL
France
Local time: 14:46
Member (2017)
English to French
+ ...
Bad "agency" Apr 7, 2022

Hello,

I am writing this comment in order to warn you. This "agency" sent me a lot of work BUT they don't meet with the payment standard. I have more than $7,000 of unpaid bills. They did answer to your emails about payments.

However, there is a weakness point with this "agency". They are a branch in Spain, in Barcelona. So it will be easier to take a legal action because this company is in the European Union.

So never work for this people. They are
... See more
Hello,

I am writing this comment in order to warn you. This "agency" sent me a lot of work BUT they don't meet with the payment standard. I have more than $7,000 of unpaid bills. They did answer to your emails about payments.

However, there is a weakness point with this "agency". They are a branch in Spain, in Barcelona. So it will be easier to take a legal action because this company is in the European Union.

So never work for this people. They are non professional and dishonest.

I hope that message will be helpful.

Have a good day.

François Lasserre du Rozel

[Modifié le 2022-04-08 08:15 GMT]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2022-04-10 04:32 GMT]
Collapse

Michael Newton
Michael Newton  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:46
Japanese to English
+ ...
Scam Apr 8, 2022

In deciding whether to work with a company or not, one must carry out some due diligence. The first order of due diligence is geographical.

Liviu-Lee Roth
Kevin Fulton

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Scam going on?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »