Thread poster: Tola Sann
Tola Sann
Tola Sann  Identity Verified
Cambodia
Local time: 19:17
English to Khmer (Central)
Jun 24, 2022

Hi fellow linguists,

I have received an email that is a potential scam using Proz.com name. I attached the screenshot and just want to alert the community here.

Capture

Thanks.

[Edited at 2022-06-24 15:57 GMT]

Barbara Carrara
Barbara Carrara  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 14:17
Member (2008)
English to Italian
+ ...
Support Center Jun 25, 2022

If you haven't done it yet, please submit a support request to the ProZ Support Center, so that they can take action against these fraudsters.
Thank you.

3:30 PM (Italian time) update
I've just contacted Lucia Leszinsky through the 'Call to this topic' option bottom of page to inquire on what is ProZ doing to prevent any phishing attempts. Hopefully she will get back to me/us.

[Edited at 2022-06-25 13:41 GMT]

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
P.L.F. Persio
expressisverbis
Angie Garbarino
Yolanda Broad
writeaway
Tina Vonhof (X)

Mike Donlin
Mike Donlin
Local time: 08:17
SITE STAFF
Site staff error Jun 27, 2022

Hi Tola and Barbara,

This was a survey sent by a ProZ.com site staff member. It was a template for gathering feedback that was sent to a small list before the error was detected.

Thank you to Tola for reporting it ... and as Barbara noted, please do let staff know anytime something seems like bad activity.

Mike

Enrique Manzo
Barbara Carrara

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Potential Fraud Using Proz.com Name

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »