Tool/app to scrape names & emails from Gmail folder and check against the scammers list for matches?
Thread poster: ITL Translation
ITL Translation
ITL Translation
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:38
Aug 12, 2022

Hola all (especially agency people),
I am a Project Manager.
So, I've recently returned to the industry, and am DELIGHTED to receive 20-30 emails daily, most of which are fake CV's/ghosts.
I've now checked everyone potentially useful I'd saved into MY folder and blocked and reported the rubbish.
This has taken 3 solid days to cross-check about 350 emails.

However, there is another folder, going back years (with many unopened) collected by previous employees -
... See more
Hola all (especially agency people),
I am a Project Manager.
So, I've recently returned to the industry, and am DELIGHTED to receive 20-30 emails daily, most of which are fake CV's/ghosts.
I've now checked everyone potentially useful I'd saved into MY folder and blocked and reported the rubbish.
This has taken 3 solid days to cross-check about 350 emails.

However, there is another folder, going back years (with many unopened) collected by previous employees - and I'd rather everyone we use is checked by me. There are 1300 of them...

Is there a way of scraping the name and email data from all these and somehow running a check against the Scammers List?
it would only be a first pass, obvs I'll cross-check after that.

Have any of you found such a tool?

Have a good weekend!
J
Collapse

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:38
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
hmm Aug 14, 2022

Not sure exactly how to do it but I suspect it can be done with:

https://www.ronsplace.eu/Products/RonsDataGear

Just ask Ron (the developer). He is extremely responsive and helpful.

ITL Translation

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tool/app to scrape names & emails from Gmail folder and check against the scammers list for matches?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »