Thread poster: Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:20
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Apr 2, 2011

I'm trying to search for a word in a ttx file that I've opened in Notepad++ (v5.8.6).
When I get the search results, I can't see the resulted (highlighted in yellow) if it comes near the end of the line. I scroll to the end of the very long line and the sentence disappears with "..."
I know the word is there.
Can anyone tell me how I can scroll the end of the line and stop Notepad++ just breaking it off with the ellipses?
Thank you.

guest1234 (X)
guest1234 (X)  Identity Verified
Mauritius
Local time: 20:20
French to English
+ ...
word wrap Apr 2, 2011

try format > uncheck/check word wrap ?

[Edited at 2011-04-02 11:43 GMT]

István Hirsch
István Hirsch  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
Have you tried... Apr 2, 2011

(in Notepad++) to go to View and select Break long lines (or sth like that, seventh option in the drop down list).

Lennart Luhtaru
Lennart Luhtaru  Identity Verified
United States
English to Estonian
+ ...
Keyboard Apr 3, 2011

has keys Home and End, press End:)

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
No joy yet... Apr 3, 2011

@ Avinash and Istvan:
I think you're both referring to the same thing: "word wrap" and "break long lines", and I've tried checking and unchecking this with no luck. Nothing seems to change.
@ Lennart:
If I press "end" on the keyboard I get to same place that I can scroll horizontally to, which is "..." (it breaks off in the middle of a word and the ellipses follow).

So thank you for your ideas, but I'm afraid I still can't see the end of the line.

For
... See more
@ Avinash and Istvan:
I think you're both referring to the same thing: "word wrap" and "break long lines", and I've tried checking and unchecking this with no luck. Nothing seems to change.
@ Lennart:
If I press "end" on the keyboard I get to same place that I can scroll horizontally to, which is "..." (it breaks off in the middle of a word and the ellipses follow).

So thank you for your ideas, but I'm afraid I still can't see the end of the line.

For the time being I solved the problem by opening the file with Windows Notepad.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to see the end of a line in Notepad++

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »