https://www.proz.com/forum/poll_discussion/309751-poll_do_you_play_language_games_either_for_fun_or_to_improve_your_skills-page2.html

话题中的页数:   < [1 2]
Poll: Do you play language games, either for fun or to improve your skills?
论题张贴者: ProZ.com Staff
Yaotl Altan
Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
墨西哥
Local time: 20:09
正式会员 (自2006)
English英语译成Spanish西班牙语
+ ...
More games. Dec 11, 2016

cloudhunter wrote:

I play scrabble with my kids and so I learn the 10-years-oldish

Wordfeud and Word Crack are similar to Scrabble. When do we play a Germany vs. Mexico Scrabble game?

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
德国
Local time: 04:09
Italian意大利语译成German德语
+ ...
Sometimes... Dec 11, 2016

Ok, I will admit, but please do not spread it around...
Games? Yes, sometimes because they keep you awake and concentrated, but language games? No, I use to play console games like Elevator Action, Intrepid, Lode Runner or stuff like that (I use the MAME platform), but I can only advice to play them sparringly...Because you may get addicted!
Not a language game, but one to improve my typing skills is "Typer Shark Deluxe" from Popcap games, amusing and you really learn to type faster.
... See more
Ok, I will admit, but please do not spread it around...
Games? Yes, sometimes because they keep you awake and concentrated, but language games? No, I use to play console games like Elevator Action, Intrepid, Lode Runner or stuff like that (I use the MAME platform), but I can only advice to play them sparringly...Because you may get addicted!
Not a language game, but one to improve my typing skills is "Typer Shark Deluxe" from Popcap games, amusing and you really learn to type faster...

Greetings,
Mike

[Edited at 2016-12-11 21:29 GMT]
Collapse

Michelle Komura
Michelle Komura  Identity Verified
澳大利亚
Local time: 12:09
Japanese日语译成English英语
Kanji Kentei Dec 12, 2016

I like to use this app when I am waiting somewhere or before I go to sleep at night.
https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/han-zi-jian-ding-han-jian/id843003884?mt=8

It is a Japanese Kanji app.

cloudhunter (X)
cloudhunter (X)  Identity Verified
德国
Local time: 04:09
English英语译成German德语
+ ...
multilingual children Dec 13, 2016

Michael Harris wrote:

Why is everyone referring to scrabble as a "language game"?
Scrabble is a word game

I refer to it as such because we are multilingual and so are the kids. And we resign on the "right rules" to practice other languages.

话题中的页数:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

本论坛的版主
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you play language games, either for fun or to improve your skills?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »