Łukasz Gos-Furmankiewicz
Łukasz Gos-Furmankiewicz  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 09:50
English to Polish
+ ...
Thank you as well Jul 21, 2013

Sarai Pahla wrote:

I specifically like your tips regarding layout - I can see you have spent a lot of time on this personally and it definitely shows in your site!

Thanks, Sarai. I've been an amateur web designer for the latter half of my life. Of late, I've spent many, many nights studying the portfolios of the best active web designers and reading up online marketing etc. I often regret not having much opportunity to put the skills and knowledge into practice. I sometimes wonder what it would be like to be a normal professional web designer.

As for the passport picture you're planning to take, you definitely need a stethoscope there, as cliché as it is. Put it around your neck or in your pocket, but it's gotta be there unless you have an ethical reason to avoid using one outside of strict medical practice. I'd probably want glasses with that too, even if you normally wear contacts or have perfect sight. In fact, I'd likely go for a lab coat too. A lab coat (not buttoned up to cover your shirt, though), with a visible stethoscope in its pocket, and glasses on your forehead. You've earned all of it.

[Edited at 2013-07-21 20:17 GMT]

Trisha F
Trisha F  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:50
English to Spanish
+ ...
Impressive Jul 27, 2013

Apart from a little typo at the bottom of your welcome page (Detusch instead of Deutsch) you come across as a very clever and qualified person.

As for design, I think others have given much more valuable advice than I can but you have done a pretty good job.

[Edited at 2013-07-27 02:50 GMT]

Jana Garnsworthy
Jana Garnsworthy
Local time: 08:50
Czech to English
+ ...
3 languages on 1 page - not great for search engines ... Jul 28, 2013

Hi Sarai, I would just add that if you want to attract direct clients to your website via search engines then having three languages on the same page is a big no no. If you just intend to point them to your site from Proz or other websites then it's fine

Good luck!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Website Feedback

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »