Thread poster: Yoana Ivanova
Yoana Ivanova
Yoana Ivanova  Identity Verified
Estonia
Local time: 01:51
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Mar 27, 2019

"Service 'Sdl.TranslationStudio.AlignmentEditor.IAlignmentEditorService' could not be started."

I just started getting this error today, I cannot start Trados Studio 2019, the problem wasn't there yesterday, MultiTerm works fine.

I really need to get it working as quickly as possible and would rather not have to re-install everything, if there is a fix for it.

I found a reference to this problem, saying to re-install 2010_vcredist_x86.exe, that did nothing
... See more
"Service 'Sdl.TranslationStudio.AlignmentEditor.IAlignmentEditorService' could not be started."

I just started getting this error today, I cannot start Trados Studio 2019, the problem wasn't there yesterday, MultiTerm works fine.

I really need to get it working as quickly as possible and would rather not have to re-install everything, if there is a fix for it.

I found a reference to this problem, saying to re-install 2010_vcredist_x86.exe, that did nothing.

Thank you in advance for any tips, tricks and suggestions.

[Edited at 2019-03-27 17:22 GMT]
Collapse

Yoana Ivanova
Yoana Ivanova  Identity Verified
Estonia
Local time: 01:51
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
RAM Mar 27, 2019

After a round of wild guesses the problem somehow seems to have been a faulty RAM module.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Sdl.TranslationStudio.AlignmentEditor.IAlignmentEditorService

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »