Older CafeTran trial version to download
Thread poster: Dmitrij_1980 (X)
Dmitrij_1980 (X)
Dmitrij_1980 (X)  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Russian to German
Sep 1, 2022

Hello,
does anyone hase an older Cafetran trial version? The newest version has a limitation of 50 MT-segment and the older version doesn´t has this limatiation. Can someone upload an older installation file?

Lg
Dmitrij

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Why not pay for all that hard work? Sep 1, 2022

Dmitrij_1980 wrote:

Hello,
does anyone hase an older Cafetran trial version? The newest version has a limitation of 50 MT-segment and the older version doesn´t has this limatiation. Can someone upload an older installation file?

Lg
Dmitrij

There are free alternatives, like www.omegat.org

The developer of CafeTran Espresso is trying to make a living by developing his software, just as you probably want to do with your translation work.

And even if you choose to translate for free: better use a gratis tool for that instead of an outdated version of CT.

Wolfgang Schoene
Jean Dimitriadis

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:32
Member (2008)
Italian to English
What do you mean? Sep 1, 2022

Dmitrij_1980 wrote:

Hello,

Lg
Dmitrij

What do you mean by a limitation of 50 MT-segment? Do you mean the MT component of CafeTran will only translate 50 segments (of any length)? What happens when it has translated 50 segments? Is this a limitation that is built into the trial version? As Hans says, it would be reasonable for the trial version to have some restrictions.

[Edited at 2022-09-01 12:04 GMT]

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
agree with Hans Sep 1, 2022

You'd be better off with something open source than an outdated, paid tool. If so, I'd check out the DGT-OmegaT project, a fork of OmegaT, developed by the Directorate-General for Translation of the European Commission.

see: http://185.13.37.79/
omega-seamaster-diver-300m-21030422003001-l

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 08:32
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
MT restriction Sep 1, 2022

The current website of CafeTran says nothing about a machine translation limit in the trial version. The only limits mentioned on the web site is a TM limit of 1000 TUs in total and a glossary limit of 500 entries in total.

Could it be that the 50-segment limit is not a limit of CafeTran but of the machine translation engine? Which machine translation engine are you using?... See more
The current website of CafeTran says nothing about a machine translation limit in the trial version. The only limits mentioned on the web site is a TM limit of 1000 TUs in total and a glossary limit of 500 entries in total.

Could it be that the 50-segment limit is not a limit of CafeTran but of the machine translation engine? Which machine translation engine are you using?

For example, MyMemory's limit (if you don't provide an e-mail address) is 5000 characters per day. I'm not sure what limit there is in CafeTran if you use the free tier of MyMemory.
Collapse

Jean Dimitriadis
Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Demo version MT limitation Sep 1, 2022

This limitation has been confirmed by the developer. In the demo version, the user can query up to 50 segments of MT.

Currently, this applies only to the additional MT services apart from free MyMemory MT.

htts://cafetran.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/6000065185

[Edited at 2022-09-01 13:26 GMT]

Philippe Locquet

Dmitrij_1980 (X)
Russian Federation
Russian to German
TOPIC STARTER
OmegaT is an option Sep 1, 2022

Thanks for your answers! OmegaT is a possible alternativ software, but, its has a terrible handling. How to merge segments there?! I know, there is a script for this, but it doesn´t woks. So, it´s not possible to merge or split segments. And if I have to spend hours and hours just to find, how to merge or split segments, then for me it´s not a good software.

@Hans Lenting
Well, I would like to by cafetran, but licens activation is inconvenient. Everytime you have to contact
... See more
Thanks for your answers! OmegaT is a possible alternativ software, but, its has a terrible handling. How to merge segments there?! I know, there is a script for this, but it doesn´t woks. So, it´s not possible to merge or split segments. And if I have to spend hours and hours just to find, how to merge or split segments, then for me it´s not a good software.

@Hans Lenting
Well, I would like to by cafetran, but licens activation is inconvenient. Everytime you have to contact the developer, if you want to change some hardware. And since view years there is no real progress in the software. For example: Memoq has already implemented DeppL´s glossary option, which is avalible since more then 1 year, but cafetran doesn´t has this important option.

[Edited at 2022-09-01 13:53 GMT]
Collapse

Mario Cerutti

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
I want a CafeTran ⌚️ Sep 1, 2022

https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/6000066603

Dmitrij_1980 (X)
Russian Federation
Russian to German
TOPIC STARTER
I have read this Sep 1, 2022

This is what I say! There is no way to reinstall the license without opening a support ticket. What happens, wehn the developer of cafetran is not avalible?! Think about it! In this case, you can not go on with your work! Cafetran is a one man company!

[Edited at 2022-09-01 13:57 GMT]

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Alt Sep 1, 2022

Dmitrij_1980 wrote:

Well, I would like to by cafetran, but licens activation is inconvenient. Everytime you have to contact the developer, if you want to change some hardware. And since view years there is no real progress in the software. For example: Memoq has already implemented DeppL´s glossary option, which is avalible since more then 1 year, but cafetran doesn´t has this important option.

Are you aware of the Proz Plus package? Very flexible licensing of CT.

Dmitrij_1980 (X)
Russian Federation
Russian to German
TOPIC STARTER
Proz Plus is to expensive Sep 1, 2022

Hans Lenting wrote:

Dmitrij_1980 wrote:

For me there is no benefit in Proz Plus menbeship. This website seams to be dead. Only the forum is still alive with same members. Well, this members are very helpful and compitent, but the website itself as a job market is dead! So why do I have to pay for it. It´s necessary to chage the policy of the website and to change the price structure, to make the membership more attractive.

Mario Cerutti

Michael Beijer
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
was just going to say that Sep 1, 2022

Hans Lenting wrote:

Dmitrij_1980 wrote:

Another way to get CafeTran is if you already have the Proz.com plus package, which always works, since all CT needs is your Proz.com login details to register and use the program.

this-is-great

Michael Beijer
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
hmm Sep 1, 2022

Dmitrij_1980 wrote:

Hans Lenting wrote:

Dmitrij_1980 wrote:

For me there is no benefit in Proz Plus menbeship. This website seams to be dead. Only the forum is still alive with same members. Well, this members are very helpful and compitent, but the website itself as a job market is dead! So why do I have to pay for it. It´s necessary to chage the policy of the website and to change the price structure, to make the membership more attractive.

I have gotten tons of work via Proz.com over the years. I suppose it depends on how full your profile is, how many KudoZ points you have, and a few other things.

Compare your profile with mine:

https://www.proz.com/profile/2751377 (you)
http://www.proz.com/profile/652138 (me)

Jean Dimitriadis
Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Minor inconvenience Sep 1, 2022

This is a minor inconvenience. I wouldn't dismiss CafeTran on this alone.

Support tickets for license issues are answered quickly, one day max in my experience (usually a few hours). How often do you replace your hardware anyway? Chances are you will need to buy a new three-year license (aka renew) before you replace a hard drive or PC.

Hans Lenting

Dmitrij_1980 (X)
Russian Federation
Russian to German
TOPIC STARTER
profile Sep 1, 2022

Michael Beijer wrote:

Dmitrij_1980 wrote:

Hans Lenting wrote:

Dmitrij_1980 wrote:

I have gotten tons of work via Proz.com over the years. I suppose it depends on how full your profile is, how many KudoZ points you have, and a few other things.

Compare your profile with mine:

https://www.proz.com/profile/2751377 (you)
http://www.proz.com/profile/652138 (me)

Well, my profile is almost completly empty, because I have deleted all the information. But of course, you right, a filled profile is impotant.

[Edited at 2022-09-01 20:03 GMT]

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Older CafeTran trial version to download

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »