Sync target preview in LibreOffice with CafeTran Espresso
Thread poster: Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Mar 15, 2023

For proofreading in LibreOffice Writer it is very handy when you can navigate from segment to segment, while CafeTran Espresso keeps track of your progress:

https://youtu.be/TtxtSqT2F6E

Mario Cerutti

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Integrated feature Mar 16, 2023

Of course it would be best for all users, on all supported operating systems, if CafeTran Espresso would offer this synchronization out of the box. I have entered a request for feature to support this.

Tom in London
Mario Cerutti

Mario Cerutti
Mario Cerutti  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 15:07
Italian to Japanese
+ ...
Sync changes too Mar 17, 2023

Hans Lenting wrote:
For proofreading in LibreOffice Writer it is very handy when you can navigate from segment to segment, while CafeTran Espresso keeps track of your progress:

The dream CAT tool would even allow to automatically reflect back into CTE any changes made while proofreading in the target preview. But that would be asking too much, maybe.

Hans Lenting

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Already there Mar 17, 2023

Mario Cerutti wrote:

The dream CAT tool would even allow to automatically reflect back into CTE any changes made while proofreading in the target preview. But that would be asking too much, maybe.

https://youtu.be/hbt_A-UADRU

Mario Cerutti
Japan
Italian to Japanese
+ ...
Damn! Should I use SDL Studio instead? Mar 17, 2023

A bit convoluted, though.

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:07
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Hopefully, CafeTran will also get a fully integrated previewing system at some point Mar 17, 2023

Since the preview in memoQ immediately gets updated to reflect whatever you currently have in your target box, I use the preview pane in memoQ for proofreading. If I want to make a change I just click on it in the preview, which automatically selects the relevant segment in the grid in memoQ where I can make the change.

Hopefully, at some point, Igor will come up with something similar to the previewing systems in memoQ, Trados, Wordfast.

Hans Lenting

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
I'm sure he will Mar 17, 2023

Michael Beijer wrote:

Hopefully, at some point, Igor will come up with something similar to the previewing systems in memoQ, Trados, Wordfast.

It's just that the days in Kołobrzeg have 24 hours, just like in Hastings. (And there is this guy at the Freshdesk who keeps sending suggestions, ideas, request etc.)

Mario Cerutti
Japan
Italian to Japanese
+ ...
The guy at CTE's Freshdesk Mar 17, 2023

Hans Lenting wrote:
And there is this guy at the Freshdesk who keeps sending suggestions, ideas, request etc.)

Yes, too many requests!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Sync target preview in LibreOffice with CafeTran Espresso

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »