Hiding/deleting answers to Kudoz questions
Thread poster: Anne-Marie Grant (X)
Anne-Marie Grant (X)
Anne-Marie Grant (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:22
French to English
+ ...
Apr 3, 2009

I noticed this evening that someone had removed his answer to a question. I have 'hidden' a couple of my answers in the past, but they remained on screen, albeit shaded out.

Is the possibility of removing an unsatisfactory answer a new option on the site, or is one's 'hidden' answer shaded out on one's own screen but removed completely from others'?

TIA for any clarification.

Attila Piróth
Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 01:22
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Other users cannot see your hidden answers Apr 3, 2009

Hi Anne-Marie,

Anne-Marie Grant wrote:
... or is one's 'hidden' answer shaded out on one's own screen but removed completely from others'?

Exactly. You can see your own hidden answers (in gray) but other users cannot. It is not a new option.

Kind regards,
Attila

Anne-Marie Grant (X)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Attila Apr 3, 2009

Many thanks. How lovely to know that others can no longer see the answers I regret posting!!

punam
punam
English to Gujarati
+ ...
hidden answers.... Apr 4, 2009

hi Anne -Marie.
As Attila mentioned the answers are hidden to other user sites but are shaded in answerers' site.
By doing so the other users can not remark on answers for peer agreement.

or i guess it could be shaded to remind the answerer that they need to find a better answer lateron if they want
or for the purpose of keeping record for earning brownies kudoz point where applicable?
or is it to remind them that they have attempted an answer?

I
... See more
hi Anne -Marie.
As Attila mentioned the answers are hidden to other user sites but are shaded in answerers' site.
By doing so the other users can not remark on answers for peer agreement.

or i guess it could be shaded to remind the answerer that they need to find a better answer lateron if they want
or for the purpose of keeping record for earning brownies kudoz point where applicable?
or is it to remind them that they have attempted an answer?

I feel as the answerers are given the option of editing the answer they should be allowed to delete the answer completely if they think it is wrong.

[Edited at 2009-04-04 07:06 GMT]
Collapse

Anne-Marie Grant (X)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Punam Apr 4, 2009

Thanks for your reply. I agree with you.

Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 20:22
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
Answers can be hidden Apr 5, 2009

punam wrote:

I feel as the answerers are given the option of editing the answer they should be allowed to delete the answer completely if they think it is wrong.

Answerers can't edit their help KudoZ answers (they can provide addicional comments).

Answerers are allowed to hide their answers. The answers remail visible to them and to people with an administrative role (not to other normal site users).

Regards,
Enrique

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Hiding/deleting answers to Kudoz questions

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »