Has the Kudos system been hijacked for Nepali?
Thread poster: Srijana Devkota
Srijana Devkota
Srijana Devkota
Nepal
Local time: 23:09
Member (2021)
English to Nepali
+ ...
Jul 1, 2021

I was looking at the Kudos this morning. I noticed quite a few strange practices (1) Points awarded to the wrong answers (2) The answerer and the point awarder have submitted the same translation (3) Non-registered members have awarded the points (4) Very very easy questions asked and points awarded (5) The awarder has a favorite awardee.

The most important of all, right answers were bypassed for the wrong ones. Is it happening in the other language pairs too?

Thanks

Tom in London

Sandra & Kenneth Grossman
Sandra & Kenneth Grossman  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 20:24
French to English
+ ...
You should report this to the site staff Jul 1, 2021

I don't think this should be discussed in a forum, since most of us have no knowledge of Nepali.
You should present your case to the site staff so that these non-Nepali speakers can reach a decision.
HTH,
Sandra

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:24
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Scammers Jul 1, 2021

It is well known that pairs of people misuse the Kudoz facility to post questions and award each other points. I was actually told this by one of the people who does it (in my language pair, Italian to English).

Srijana Devkota
P.L.F. Persio
Angie Garbarino

Srijana Devkota
Srijana Devkota
Nepal
Member (2021)
English to Nepali
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, but... Jul 2, 2021

Sandra & Kenneth Grossman wrote:

I don't think this should be discussed in a forum, since most of us have no knowledge of Nepali.
You should present your case to the site staff so that these non-Nepali speakers can reach a decision.
HTH,
Sandra

But as I am not an expert user of proz site, I do not know how to do that. And I doubt if they will take any decisions as if they do, they will have to take actions against the paid members. Do you think they do take actions?

[Edited at 2021-07-02 03:00 GMT]

Srijana Devkota
Srijana Devkota
Nepal
Member (2021)
English to Nepali
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Seems so Jul 2, 2021

Tom in London wrote:

It is well known that pairs of people misuse the Kudoz facility to post questions and award each other points.

In my language pair, there are faceless, detailless users awarding points to a certain user. I wish they would curb this.

Sandra & Kenneth Grossman
Sandra & Kenneth Grossman  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 20:24
French to English
+ ...
Yes, they will Jul 2, 2021

[quote]Srijana Devkota wrote:
But as I am not an expert user of proz site, I do not know how to do that. And I doubt if they will take any decisions as if they do, they will have to take actions against the paid members. Do you think they do take actions? /quote]

Paid membership is meaningless in such cases.

Contact the moderators of this forum at the bottom of the page...
and
"You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »"

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Has the Kudos system been hijacked for Nepali?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »