Nice new preview feature (search results included when asking KudoZ question)
Initiator des Themas: Kevin Fulton
Kevin Fulton
Kevin Fulton  Identity Verified
Vereinigte Staaten
Local time: 09:28
Deutsch > Englisch
Sep 7, 2005

I just did a Kudoz search for a term using the appropriate criteria but found nothing, so I decided to ask a Kudoz question. I entered the term, clicked on "Preview" and lo and behold, a search was performed and the term and previous responses were displayed.

I think this will save a lot of bandwidth in the future and will reduce complaints about askers not checking past questions first.

I still don't understand why my initial Kudoz search didn't yield any results, but
... See more
I just did a Kudoz search for a term using the appropriate criteria but found nothing, so I decided to ask a Kudoz question. I entered the term, clicked on "Preview" and lo and behold, a search was performed and the term and previous responses were displayed.

I think this will save a lot of bandwidth in the future and will reduce complaints about askers not checking past questions first.

I still don't understand why my initial Kudoz search didn't yield any results, but that's no big deal.

My thanks to the staff for this enhancement!

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-09-07 16:20]
Collapse

Siegfried Armbruster
Siegfried Armbruster  Identity Verified
Deutschland
Local time: 15:28
Englisch > Deutsch
+ ...
In stillem Gedenken
Indeed Sep 7, 2005

Great improvement. I do have a suggestion:

There are only two buttons, "Edit question" and "Send question to Kudoz answerers".

Add a 3rd button "Return to Prozcom Home page".

Otherwise people might end up to click the "Send question.." button, to get out of the dialog.

I know, you can just use the menu entry on the top of the screen, but from a UI design point of view, it would make sense to have such a button on the dialog.

Regar
... See more
Great improvement. I do have a suggestion:

There are only two buttons, "Edit question" and "Send question to Kudoz answerers".

Add a 3rd button "Return to Prozcom Home page".

Otherwise people might end up to click the "Send question.." button, to get out of the dialog.

I know, you can just use the menu entry on the top of the screen, but from a UI design point of view, it would make sense to have such a button on the dialog.

Regards
Siegfried
Collapse

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 08:28
Mitglied
Spanisch
+ ...
Search Results Sep 7, 2005

Kevin Fulton wrote:

I still don't understand why my initial Kudoz search didn't yield any results, but that's no big deal.

Actually, that means that there is a bug in the system. I you couldn't yield the results, probably you're not the only one. The worst part is that there is no way to know that on the fist search. Kevin, if it's not too much trouble, can you send a technical ticket about this?

Thanks,
Cali

Gina W
Gina W
Vereinigte Staaten
Local time: 09:28
Mitglied (2003)
Französisch > Englisch
The bug should be fixed, though Sep 8, 2005

Kevin Fulton wrote:

Actually, I think it is a big deal - there are some people on this site who are so incredibly INTOLERANT if someone asks a question that happens to already have been asked in some format (maybe the person was looking for the EXACT TERM, and it wasn't there!), and if there's a bug, those intolerant individuals are going to go nuts now telling people "you're supposed to look in the glossaries" and then "I don't see how you could have missed it if you REALLY had done a search" (I have seen these exact comments before, btw).

So I think the bug should be fixed immediately, because that way those people who can't put up with any duplicate questions, which may not be the Asker's fault as it turns out, given this bug, won't have to put up with them - and the rest of us won't have to read those intolerant remarks.;)

Claudia Luque Bedregal
Claudia Luque Bedregal  Identity Verified
Italien
Local time: 15:28
Englisch > Spanisch
+ ...
same thing happened to me Sep 11, 2005

Hi,

The same thing that happened to Kevin happened to me yesterday evening. I was looking for a specific term and I got nothing, so I made a question and when I went to the Preview button there was a message that said that there were 7 entries with the term I was looking for. I did a second search of the term and again got nothing, so maybe it’s a bug like you say.

I hope this bug will be fixed soon, also to avoid getting the remarks mentioned by gad...
See more
Hi,

The same thing that happened to Kevin happened to me yesterday evening. I was looking for a specific term and I got nothing, so I made a question and when I went to the Preview button there was a message that said that there were 7 entries with the term I was looking for. I did a second search of the term and again got nothing, so maybe it’s a bug like you say.

I hope this bug will be fixed soon, also to avoid getting the remarks mentioned by gad
regards!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Nice new preview feature (search results included when asking KudoZ question)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »