Translation grid lines have disappeared
Thread poster: Kevin Fulton
Kevin Fulton
Kevin Fulton  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:46
German to English
Apr 2, 2022

I recently installed a 27" monitor (as primary display) and am working on a MemoQ (9.4) project for the first time since installing the monitor. I'm experiencing various new display (mis)behavior in general, the most vexing at the moment is that the grid lines in the MQ editor window have disappeared. Surely there's an easy remedy for this, but I haven't found one. All suggestions welcomed!

Addendum: I took a closer look at the screen and see that the grid lines are very fain
... See more
I recently installed a 27" monitor (as primary display) and am working on a MemoQ (9.4) project for the first time since installing the monitor. I'm experiencing various new display (mis)behavior in general, the most vexing at the moment is that the grid lines in the MQ editor window have disappeared. Surely there's an easy remedy for this, but I haven't found one. All suggestions welcomed!

Addendum: I took a closer look at the screen and see that the grid lines are very faint. Is there a way to make them more visible?

[Edited at 2022-04-02 19:11 GMT]
Collapse

Jo Macdonald
Jo Macdonald  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:46
Italian to English
+ ...
Monitor settings Apr 4, 2022

Hi Kevin
Check the monitor settings to see if there are PC, TV, Photo modes.
These or other monitor settings might be displaying the image with different colour temperature settings.

Kevin Fulton wrote:

Addendum: I took a closer look at the screen and see that the grid lines are very faint. Is there a way to make them more visible?

Kevin Fulton
Kevin Fulton  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:46
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Hardware not software Apr 4, 2022

Jo Macdonald wrote:

Hi Kevin
Check the monitor settings to see if there are PC, TV, Photo modes.
These or other monitor settings might be displaying the image with different colour temperature settings.

Kevin Fulton wrote:

Thanks. It didn't occur to check the hardware settings – I thought it was a software issue.

Andrzej Mierzejewski
Andrzej Mierzejewski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 17:46
Polish to English
+ ...
... and video card Apr 5, 2022

You may also play with the video card settings: brightness, contrast, hue, saturation etc. depending on your computer.

HTH

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation grid lines have disappeared

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »