Real advantage in switching from mQ 2015 to mQ Pro 9?
Thread poster: Luca Tutino
Luca Tutino
Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
May 10, 2022

I have just been given my Client server license to work on memoQ pro 9.10.14, so just I switched to it from my licensed version of memoQ 2015. According to my Client, I should find my work much easier this way, but I could not notice any real advantage yet. According to your experiences, am I missing something relevant?

[Edited at 2022-05-10 12:40 GMT]

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 09:55
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Check the change logs May 10, 2022

Luca Tutino wrote:
According to my client, I should find my work much easier this way, but I could not notice any real advantage yet.

One thing you can do, is check the pages from this search:
https://www.google.com/search?q=site:.memoq.com/memoq-versions/
Some of those pages only have a download link, but others have a change log at the bottom of the page that tells you what had changed in that version series. Start by looking a version 8.0 onwards.

Luca Tutino
Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
But is there something really useful? May 10, 2022

Samuel Murray wrote:

One thing you can do, is check the pages from this search:
https://www.google.com/search?q=site:.memoq.com/memoq-versions/
Some of those pages only have a download link, but others have a change log at the bottom of the page that tells you what had changed in that version series. Start by looking a version 8.0 onwards.

Right, Samuel, that is the first thing of course. I browsed through it already, but could not identify anything with a great impact. The Client said I could synchronize pdf previews by using an add-in but, after a whole morning of following instructions together with them, that did not work either. So, I was wondering if others had more success and if I overlooked some other great improvements.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Real advantage in switching from mQ 2015 to mQ Pro 9?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »