Can't export some projects to docx all of a sudden, any idea why?
Thread poster: Adieu
Adieu
Adieu  Identity Verified
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
May 12, 2022

Export error text below. Any idea what's happening here? I've tried changing the directory, doesn't help

File handling exception.
TYPE:
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException

Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\Me\Documents\My memoQ projects\something.docx'.

SOURCE:
mscorlib

CALL STACK:
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.I
... See more
Export error text below. Any idea what's happening here? I've tried changing the directory, doesn't help

File handling exception.
TYPE:
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException

Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\Me\Documents\My memoQ projects\something.docx'.

SOURCE:
mscorlib

CALL STACK:
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
at MemoQ.Translation.BinaryTransportImporter.extractFolder(String targetDirectory, String namesOfFiles)
at MemoQ.Project.Synchronization.LocalCopySkeletonFetcher.storeSkeletonsInProject(ProjectDocument projectDoc, String downloadedFilePath, IEnumerable`1 missing)
at MemoQ.Project.Synchronization.LocalCopySkeletonFetcher.GetSkeletonsIfMissing(ProjectDocument projectDoc, IEnumerable`1 documents, IProgressContext progressContext)
at MemoQ.Project.TranslationDocImportExport.LocalExportController.GetMissingSkeletonFilesIfAny()
at MemoQ.Project.TranslationDocImportExport.LocalExportController.DoJob()
at MemoQ.Common.Job.JobBase.Execute(Object o)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The operation has been completed with some errors.
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 02:37
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
MemoQ relies on Microsoft Word May 12, 2022

I am pretty certain that, for any DOCX processes, memoQ relies on Microsoft Word. Have you made any edits in Microsoft Office on your end? Maybe repairing the Microsoft Office setup could help?

Adieu
Adieu  Identity Verified
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Also May 12, 2022

Half the time, MemoQ freezes after pressing cancel on the error message. And sometimes can't even be ctrl-alt-deleted and needs full PC reset

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't export some projects to docx all of a sudden, any idea why?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »