Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: In your opinion, the minimum rates suggested by your local translators' association are
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
DZiW (X)
DZiW (X)
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
As good as not Apr 1, 2016

A local association in a global/international scale of consumerization? Not very funny even on April Fools' Day.

TA is neither a trend-maker, nor a market-shaper, because it is the client-vendor who decide.
As far as I remember, their recommended price was about UAH100 per A4 page some five years ago, when a dollar was approx. six hryvnas... and they still recommend (almost) the same rates, when everything goes up ('improve') in price daily and a dollar costs some 27 hryvnas--
... See more
A local association in a global/international scale of consumerization? Not very funny even on April Fools' Day.

TA is neither a trend-maker, nor a market-shaper, because it is the client-vendor who decide.
As far as I remember, their recommended price was about UAH100 per A4 page some five years ago, when a dollar was approx. six hryvnas... and they still recommend (almost) the same rates, when everything goes up ('improve') in price daily and a dollar costs some 27 hryvnas--doesn't make much sense, no?
What a deadly elasticity!
Collapse

SteveMcD
SteveMcD  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:21
German to English
Don't know... Apr 1, 2016

....and never thought about it.

What I do know is that my rates are high enough for me and low enough for my clients.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: In your opinion, the minimum rates suggested by your local translators' association are

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »