Which one is better to use for applying to available jobs- Bidding or sending emails?
Téma indítója: PRAKASH SHARMA
PRAKASH SHARMA
PRAKASH SHARMA  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 09:44
angol - hindi
+ ...
May 10, 2003

Hi,

What I\'ve found on proz is using bidding costs your browniz that are included in one\'s profile. So. what I\'m doing at present is simply tracing out the email ID of the job supplier and sending emails regarding available jobs. But I\'m not sure, which one is more better option- bidding or sending emails? Bidding simply doesn\'t assure that you\'ll receive the job. That is why, I\'m prefering EMAILS instead of Bidding1 Can anyone have suggestions regarding the same? If anyone ca
... See more
Hi,

What I\'ve found on proz is using bidding costs your browniz that are included in one\'s profile. So. what I\'m doing at present is simply tracing out the email ID of the job supplier and sending emails regarding available jobs. But I\'m not sure, which one is more better option- bidding or sending emails? Bidding simply doesn\'t assure that you\'ll receive the job. That is why, I\'m prefering EMAILS instead of Bidding1 Can anyone have suggestions regarding the same? If anyone can share his\\her experiences regarding this question, he/she is welcome to do so!

With Best Regards!

PRAKAASH

[email protected]
Collapse

Nikita Kobrin
Nikita Kobrin  Identity Verified
Litvánia
Local time: 07:14
Tag (2010 óta)
angol - orosz
+ ...
Both are fine May 11, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-05-10 15:01, PRAKAASH wrote:

If anyone can share his\\her experiences regarding this question, he/she is welcome to do so!

I\'ve tried both with the same result - \"0\".

Regards,

Nikita Kobrin

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 00:14
Tag (2002 óta)
spanyol - francia
+ ...
It depends May 12, 2003

Hi Prakaash

I think it depends on the outsourcer.

Some say \"bid through ProZ exclusively\", others say \"e-mail only\".

I prefer to do it through ProZ, because in that way it can be considered for statistics and as a Platinum member, my bid will go to a better position.

I do so even when the outsourcer wants to be contacted through e-mail, I bid through both means.

Keep in mind that if the outsourcer has his mail
... See more
Hi Prakaash

I think it depends on the outsourcer.

Some say \"bid through ProZ exclusively\", others say \"e-mail only\".

I prefer to do it through ProZ, because in that way it can be considered for statistics and as a Platinum member, my bid will go to a better position.

I do so even when the outsourcer wants to be contacted through e-mail, I bid through both means.

Keep in mind that if the outsourcer has his mailbox full, he\'s likely to send everything to trash.

Just my thoughts.
Collapse

Ivan Eikås Skjøstad
Ivan Eikås Skjøstad  Identity Verified
Norvégia
Local time: 06:14
Tag (2002 óta)
angol - norvég
+ ...
Price is what matters May 12, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-05-11 23:27, Nikita Kobrin wrote:

Quote:

If anyone can share his\\her experiences regarding this question, he/she is welcome to do so!

Regards,

Nikita... See more
Quote:

On 2003-05-11 23:27, Nikita Kobrin wrote:

Quote:

Regards,

Nikita Kobrin

I think that most of the jobs offered on proz goes to the lowest bidders, and that\'s why I seldom bid. (but proz is a fantastic site, and many jobs have come my way through my profile and website.) ▲ Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Which one is better to use for applying to available jobs- Bidding or sending emails?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »