Siegfried Armbruster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:16
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
Sep 19, 2009

In his last post before closing the thread Henry said:

Thanks again, everyone! I would say you can expect to hear more back in a few weeks, either more details, or a simple "there was not enough interest." In the meantime I am closing the thread. Anyone who wants to be involved in the project is invited to contact Jason.

When I logged out earlier today and had a look a the Proz Home page, I found this interesting new feature and an even more interesting forum, where several former members I always respected are now indicated as XXXName. I would be nice if we could have some feedback how much demand there was for this feature in the last few weeks and if any further actions or plans regarding the development of this feature are in the pipeline.

Siegfried

writeaway
writeaway  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
Quiet but still being advertised with testimonials Sep 19, 2009

I nearly forgot about it. It's still there, being advertised on the home page for non-logged in visitors. Although 'speculating' isn't approved in the forums, non-speculative logic suggests that if it is still under discussion, it is being discussed on the private, hidden P forum (for PROS, not pros). That's now the sounding board where site innovations are discussed and where feedback is requested. Not from the great unwashed.
See more
I nearly forgot about it. It's still there, being advertised on the home page for non-logged in visitors. Although 'speculating' isn't approved in the forums, non-speculative logic suggests that if it is still under discussion, it is being discussed on the private, hidden P forum (for PROS, not pros). That's now the sounding board where site innovations are discussed and where feedback is requested. Not from the great unwashed.
Collapse

Siegfried Armbruster
Siegfried Armbruster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:16
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
Still haven't forgotten about it Feb 3, 2010

In his last post before closing the thread Henry said:

Thanks again, everyone! I would say you can expect to hear more back in a few weeks, either more details, or a simple "there was not enough interest." In the meantime I am closing the thread. Anyone who wants to be involved in the project is invited to contact Jason.

ANY NEWS YET ???

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 01:16
SITE STAFF
No change since last discussion Feb 3, 2010

Siegfried Armbruster wrote:
When I logged out earlier today and had a look a the Proz Home page, I found this interesting new feature and an even more interesting forum, where several former members I always respected are now indicated as XXXName. I would be nice if we could have some feedback how much demand there was for this feature in the last few weeks and if any further actions or plans regarding the development of this feature are in the pipeline.
Siegfried

Hi Siegfried,

There hasn't been any change to the turnkey translation feature since that previous discussion. There has been some interest from translators and clients; a few jobs are passed each week using this feature. There is likely to be another release this year which addresses the feedback received so far. But no such release has been planned yet.

Thanks,

Jason

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Turn-Key Translations - Any news yet?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »